Chapter 16

"I don't need to grow up yet. You grew up too fast."

"You need to grow up and realize that I'm not always going to be glued to your hip! Haven't you ever thought about that? I want to go to college and if you even want a future maybe you should stop ditching class. What are you going to do when I go off to college and your still stuck working at this god damn bakery, huh?!"

"I'm passing all of my classes, I could still go to college," I'd never felt so small.

"Yeah, if you suck Tao's dick enough, he'll pay for it."

"Stop saying that! I've never touched him like that and he's never touched me like that! I would never do something like that for money and you know it!" I spat, "See, Luhan is putting all of these thoughts in your head, he's trying to turn you against me!"

"I love him, and if that means you aren't in my life anymore, that's fine."

The bell dinged, it was our parents. Luckily, they were able to stop me from hitting Sehun.

"What is this about?!" My mom grabbed my arms.

"My right wrist might be sprained, but I can still smack you into next week with my left!"

"I'd like to see you try!"

"Let me at him!"

My mom thumped both of our foreheads, "Both of you knock it off. Sit down, now," She pushed us into one side of the booth, her and Sehun's dad sat across from us.

"What the hell is this about?" His dad asked. Both of us were silent, they didn't know Sehun was gay or that I was dating my teacher, so neither of us were going to say a thing.

I spoke up, "You know, we could ask you the same question. Where have both of you been going?"

"We asked first."

"I plead the fifth," Sehun stuck up his nose.

"This is Korea, Sehun."

"Either way, I'm not saying anything."

"Me neither," I shook my head, suddenly Sehun and I were on the same side again.

"Are we twins? Be honest and are were you two married before? Are we actually just one big family?" Sehun asked all the questions I was thinking. Our parents fell silent.

"Look," My mom started, "We were planning on telling you, but it looks like you two already had it figured out."

"Why didn't you tell us?" I couldn't even act like I was shocked.

"You were both so young, we didn't want either of you to beg for us to get back together or anything," Sehun's dad- my dad- sighed. I sighed too.

"This isn't what split custody means," Sehun stifled a laugh.

"You aren't mad?" My mom questioned.

"A little bit, but not really," I answered, Sehun nodded in agreement.

"So now will you answer our questions? Why are you two bickering?"

"Because we're siblings, probably," There was no way I'd tell them why we were arguing, "So now can you order Sehun to take me to the doctor next time I'm hurt?"

My mom tilted her head, "I could all I want, it doesn't mean he'll listen though."

Sehun and I avoided the topic of our argument for the rest of the night by asking questions that weren't really necessary.

I was exhausted the next morning. I sent Kris a direct message about what we found out.

CJlovespandas: I didn't even have to give you all of those cupcakes

galaxy_fanfan: Glad you did though even though Tao ate like three when I was asleep.

I laughed at my idiot before getting dressed for school. I was glad it was finally Friday. This week had seemed to last forever.

"CJ, do you want breakfast?" My mom was in our apartment kitchen instead of the one downstairs.

"What's the occasion?"

"Friday."

"Sure."

"I'll drop you off at school too."

"Can I drive?" I had my drivers license, but my mom never let me drive anywhere.

"I guess so."

I was happy to get to drive to school, it was rare that I actually came into school in a good mood. It quickly changed when I saw Sehun and Luhan together. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk the other direction. I walked right into another student. I needed to pay attention when I walked.

"If you roll your eyes too hard they'll fall out."

"Do I know you," I glanced at his name tag, "Jimin?"

"You do now," He tried to read my name tag but it was such a disaster now. I'd tried to scratch out my real name and write 'CJ' but now it's just looked like my name tag got ran over by a bus.

"It's CJ."

"You're Jungkook's friend, right?"

"Yep, that's me."

"Me too."

I nodded, "I have to go. I'll see you around," I remembered I still hadn't even come up with an idea for my poem. I roamed the halls in search of inspiration. I wrote down random words that came to my head. Then it came to me. It could be about the sun and the moon and how they never see each other but share the same sky. Like Tao and I. I needed to ask him about some words though. I thought about asking Victoria instead, but still, Tao would always be my first choice.

His door was open, but I still knocked. He glanced up from his work and smiled, "Yes?"

"Could you help me please?"

"Of course."

"What's the word for moon?"

"Yuèliàng. Is this for your poem?"

I nodded and sounded out the word, "Did I write it correctly?" I showed him.

"Yes, have you been studying?"

I nodded again, "I stare at that wall for at least an hour every night," He smiled as if he was pleased with me, "What's the word for sun?"

"Tàiyáng."

I sounded it out too, "Is it correct?"

"This symbol is backwards, but other than that it is correct."

I fixed my backwards symbol, "We don't have to present our poems to the class, right?"

"I will make it for extra credit. So you don't have to if you don't want to."

"Okay, good," I asked for help on a few more words before the bell rang. This poem was going to be A+ material.