Her Favorite Spot

Start from the beginning

"Abarta!" She said as she reached for Sirius' wand.

Sirius held his wand out of reach and looked down at the young witch, "No Little Wolf, it's Abarto!" Phoenix looked confused so Sirius expanded on his thought. "When you perform a spell, you have to pronounce it right or else it won't work." She looked up at him, soaking in every word he was saying and wanting to learn more.

"Can I try again Sirius?" Phoenix pleaded.

Sirius grinned and nodded, "Yes, try one more time and then we'll see if you're ready for me to call Remus in."

Phoenix nodded excitedly and spoke the spell like Sirius had taught her. Sirius handed her the wand and then called Remus into the room. Phoenix started giggling and Sirius had to hold a finger to his lips. She copied what he was doing and Sirius winked at her. Remus walked into the living room and looked around for Sirius and Phoenix.

"I wonder where they could be..." He said playfully.

Phoenix closed her eyes and held the wand close to her face before whispering, "Abarto!"

The front door opened, followed by the windows, then a few of the doors upstairs opened as well. "Bloody hell!" Remus muttered.

Phoenix gasped quietly, "He said a bad word!" Sirius started chuckling and Phoenix quickly joined in as her small giggles filled the room. Remus looked under the table and saw the two guilty suspects. He smiled and joined in on the laughter because Phoenix' giggles were so contagious.

"I remember that day," Remus said, smiling. "I loved the fact that Sirius was so convinced that you would be a Grim Animagus. He was so sure."

"Yeah, it's weird how he did that I guess. That was a good day." Phoenix said as she took her wand out of her boot and glanced at the empty bird bath in front of her. "Aguamenti!" The bird bath was soon filled with crystal clear water as Phoenix fiddled with her 13" holly wood wand with a dragon heart string core.

"I miss your little giggles, they were so cute and contagious." Remus said smiling. Phoenix snorted and nodded in agreement. After a minute, Remus spoke again.

"Nix..." Remus couldn't find the words to properly form the words he wanted to say.

"I know Remus." She mumbled.

Remus was a bit surprised, "You do?"

"Yes," She admitted and looked up at him, "I know it's not over."

Remus sighed and wrapped his arm around her. "It's almost over."

"I hope so." Phoenix started tearing up and soon, Remus had pulled her into a hug as she buried her face in his chest. "I can't believe he's gone, Remus."

Remus caressed the back of her head and rubbed her back. "I know, Nixie. Neither can I." His voice broke in the middle of his sentence as tears started to fall from his eyes as well.

"Do I have to go back to Hogwarts?" Phoenix asked as she started to calm down.

Remus sniffled and wiped his eyes, "Yes darling. Harry will be needing his twin right about now." Phoenix sniffled and accidentally dropped her wand.

She looked at her wand, then back at Remus and shrugged. "I'll get it later."

"Well, I don't want you snapping your wand so...Accio!" Phoenix' wand floated up to Remus' hand and he handed it back to her. "Shall we go?" He asked. Phoenix took a deep breath and nodded. Remus held out his arm for Phoenix to take, which she did, and twisted his wand as they Apparated back to Hogwarts.

Remus just so happened to Apparate to the courtyard, where Harry was sitting, picking at a few leaves. When he heard the rustling of leaves behind him, he looked up. When he saw Phoenix, he abruptly stood and ran to his sister. He tackled her in a hug and she struggled to keep her balance.

"I'm so glad you're alright." Harry muttered.

From behind them, they heard Remus say, "I'll be going now." And turned around. Phoenix broke apart from Harry and wrapped Remus Lupin in a tight embrace as he kissed her forehead, "Be good." He said as he let go of her and gave Harry a hug as well. Then, he Apparated away.

Harry turned back to his sister and pulled her into another tight hug, "It was a dark day for me too."

"I almost killed her Harry." Phoenix muttered.

"I know, I almost did too." He admitted.

Phoenix' breath hitched in her throat as the twins just stood there embracing each other until a voice halted them. "It's like having your parents back at Hogwarts," Professor Snape called from across the courtyard. Harry and Phoenix pulled apart and looked at the professor, "Except there isn't any kissing." Phoenix had to hold in her laughter and Harry snorted trying to keep his laughter in. "That got annoying after a while."

"Do you need something Professor?" Phoenix called.

Snape started walking over to the twins, "Yes. It's dinnertime. Come." Harry and Phoenix followed Snape as he turned and walked back into the castle. As they neared the Great Hall, they could hear students murmuring and chatting amongst themselves. Snape walked in and continued to the front while Harry and Phoenix hesitated and stayed behind.

They both took a deep breath and walked into the room. Everyone stopped talking and looked at them. Phoenix stopped in her place, thinking people had found out that she almost killed someone. But then Neville and Ron stood up, gesturing for Harry and Phoenix to join them - of course Phoenix couldn't but she sat across from them at her table. They were in the same spot at the different tables so that they could turn around and talk to each other during dinner.

All throughout dinner, Phoenix could fell Draco's eyes on her. But when she looked up and made eye contact with him, he quickly averted his gaze. Phoenix turned around often to talk with Harry until dinner ended and everyone went back to their dormitories. Phoenix was out of the Great Hall before anyone, making it a point to get to her room before anyone got there.

When she did, she changed into her pajamas, did her nightly routine, and climbed into bed. By that time, people started filing into the Slytherin dormitory. She closed her eyes as her roommates saw that she was 'sleeping' and left her alone. "We're here if you need to talk, Phoenix." Crystal offered.

"Thanks," Phoenix replied softly. She let her tired self overtake her and fell into a deep sleep.