25. Full Blood Moon

Start from the beginning

A sudden pain shot through her body, and she feels on her knees.

"Wh..what is happening to me?" April whimpered as she closed her eyes to control the pain.

"Someone must have stabbed him," She heard Ariel mumble but the pain refrained her from listening further.

"Why do I feel the pain?" April whimpered.

"Here, drink this," Ariel gave April a pitcher filled brown coloured liquid. It smelled very sweet and was very warm.

April looked at her questioningly to which Ariel said, "Trust me, dear. It will help, you won't feel the pain." April begrudgingly agreed and drank the potion and soon she slipped into oblivion.

Next morning when she woke up, she could hear birds chirping. Soft rays of sun falling on her face and she grumbled.

"Good morning," She heard the familiar female voice. She slowly opened her one eye to see her carrying a tray full of breakfast. She shot up from her bed and brushed her teeth and started devouring the food in front of her. She felt unnaturally hungry and could control herself from hogging on it like a pig.

Once she was done, she looked up to Ariel who had astonishment and amusement written on all her face.

" Wow!" Ariel exclaimed in surprise.

"I. I don't know. I felt ravenous," April explained embarrassed by her eating speed.

"That's fine April, Your energy was exhausted last night, so it was natural for you to feel hungry. You are not the wolf after all. This week will affect you differently," Ariel replied, looking at with a smile on her face.

"Why does everything happens with me? April grumbled. She was tired of every day's event.

"Do you want me to run you a bath?"Ariel questioned ignoring her question.

" How is he?" April asked.

Ariel pursed her lips and her cast her eyes down. April grew frustrated with all these secrets and silence. Whenever she would ask anything, she was either met with silence or secret. These people have mastered the art of keeping things from her or not telling her. She was starting to feel like a caged bird here. April wasn't allowed to go anywhere without a chaperone.

She had Gabriel breathing down her neck. Touching her inappropriately leaving her breathless.

"Where was her mate?" April pondered.

"Why it happens to him, only him? " April questioned. She didn't receive any answer.

"Why did I feel the pain?" Her question was again met with silence.

"Why did I faint?" She questioned again with her voice getting louder with each passing second.

"Answer me, for god's sake," April growled as she paced in her room back and forth. She was so angry and frustrated by Ariel's silence that she wanted her hair.

"Is there anything you can tell me?" She spoke in a mere whisper. She never felt so helpless as she did now.

"It is not my place to tell," Ariel mumbled.