25. Full Blood Moon

Days had bled into weeks and weeks into months. April continued avoiding Gabriel with passion.

She would change her paths if she saw coming her way. In the dining room, she would pretend Gabriel did not exist. The tension was very evident and so thick that everyone present around them could feel it. April would give off the waves of displeasure, and Gabriel beast created havoc in everyone's mind.

Everyone could feel their Alpha's discomfort. It won't be long enough when the control of Gabriel would snap and give in to his beast, and that is what everyone feared. Tension started clogging up so much that it could be cut with a knife. April was informed that her parents were sent to their Kingdom to meet their King and Queen and others for a few days by Gabriel.

She was stunned by Gabriel's decision as he was apparently aware of April's pain and emotional distress when it came to her parents. In all this chaos, avoidance and disgust April realised one thing that he cared for her, but he held himself back.

April was very well aware that she was covered with a blanket every night on her shivering body to provide her warmth. April did not like any food which had of raw garlic. One of the maids had accidentally spilt it to Gabriel as April did not eat food which was sent to her chamber. Since then it was avoided at every cost.

She found it out from Ariel that it was Alpha's order not to use garlic from now on. Even if it is used, it should not be served to her.

For the following four days, she didn't see or even catch a glimpse of Gabriel, but she could see that security around her room and castle had increased.

Ariel came to her room and locked all the doors behind her hastily.

"What is it?" April inquired as she stood beside the window and looked at people running in haste.

"It is blood moon week, April. Last day of the week is called a full blood moon., " Ariel replied with fear evident on her face.

"What does it mean?" April questioned as she didn't know what blood moon meant.

"It occurs after every fifty years. Like we have a leap year, In the world of werewolves they have blood moon eclipse every fifty years," Ariel replied as she ran towards windows and shut them securely.

"What happens on the Full Blood moon?" April stood behind Ariel as she continued to close all the possible ways of entry in April's room.

"The beast's bloodlust is unleashed," Ariel whispered as she heard the howl of the beast who was trying to break free.

She heard an ear-piercing scream followed by snarls and growls of an animal. It was wounded and outraged. The cry was very agonising as it wailed for something. April's mind started clouding with discomfort as she feels unnatural pain in her head

"Go to sleep April. I will guard you with my life," Ariel said, looking distraught. She was scared.

The growls grew painful as night reached its peak. The clinking of shackles and roars of agony continued. The beast was trying to break free. The sky roared with angry storms and showers; it was as if nature was voicing its opinion. It was angry as he was the apex predator who was chained like a rabid dog.

"Is there nothing we can do?" April asked. She could not take piercing cries of the beast anymore, with every scream beast would let out, April's soul would shatter. He may be bound physically, but April felt the heaviness in her heart was unsettling her. She could not comprehend the reason behind this feeling. Everything inside her screamed to go and help the beast.