23. The arrival of the Vampyre

Arianrhod smiled as she saw Gabriel carefully picking up unconscious April in his arms. She knew he was afraid that he might hurt her even more than she is. Humans were more fragile than his beastly kind. Arianrhod watched Gabriel gazing at her as if she was some sort of miracle. Arianrhod knew that Gabriel had lost so many people in his life that he was afraid that if he starts to care for her, he might lose her as well. Gabriel decided that he won't care for her but same could not be said about his beast. He cared for her. The beast had fallen for his beauty.

Arianrhod shook his head in amusement. He could deny the pull all he wants but he would succumb to it very soon.

"Very soon, child," She thought.

She smiled and looked at the man standing in front of her, "Hello Vincent!"

The goddess greeted the man. The man looked in the late fifties with salt and pepper hair. He had a beard on his face and strongly built even for his age. His eyes held exhaustion. He had very striking darkest brown eyes.

"I know why you are here, Vincent." Said the Goddess

Vincent just grunted in response. He was not happy about the whole arrangement but he had no say in it.

"I have kept my end of the bargain; it's time to keep yours." The goddess reminded.

"Hmm." Was all he replied.

"You are very rude, but I would be too if I would have been in your place, I am sorry for your situation." The goddess had apologised to him for million times but had to be done had to be done.

"We are in this situation because of you. Your apology doesn't matter to me anymore. If you are done here, I will take your leave." Vincent stood up from his chair and walked out. He didn't even wait to listen what goddess had to tell him. He was so tired with all the whims of the goddess.

Arianrhod was hurt by Vincent's behaviour but she could not blame him. She deserved this but it would very soon that all the hatred towards her was forgotten. 

"Why are you helping them?" Vincent asked as he stood near the door. 

"You know why," Arianrhod said with exhaustion evident in her tone.

" No, Mother of Fates, I do not know," Vincent replied looking clearly lost.

" Hmm, Is that so? Do you want to hear a story?" Goddess muttered in defeated tone.

"Not now, someday later but if her life is in danger, mark my words Goddess or not I will do everything in my power to bring you down to your knees," Vincent stormed from the room as he could not stand in her presence which reminded her so much of his lost love. He despised the Goddess with every fibre of his being. He made allegiance with the goddess; only to keep the one whom he loved the most, safe.

Vincent went inside the sacred caves of Bisda and shook the woman who was asleep. The woman didn't wake up even after his many attempts. Vincent used final resort of waking her up. He placed his lips on her softly. The woman gasped for air panting heavily. Her body was frozen for nearly three hundred years. She panted as if she had ran miles. Her cerulean blue eyes looked at the person in front of her and she stilled.

"It is time," Vincent grunted.

"Vincent?!" The woman mumbled.

"Yes," Vincent smiled and skin around his eyes crinkled.

"They need you," Vincent mumbled as he helped the woman to stand on her feet not aware of the danger coming  back in Ajbo. The King of Nightcrawlers has arrived. The Death has entered Ajbo