13. The Beast Tamer

Talia looked at April's pained face and started to worry at which Martha gave her reassuring smile and mouthed, "She is fine,"

"Do you want water?" Martha asked cautiously as she still felt the presence of evil in April's body. Someone had tried to possess the girl, but it seemed like the girl herself had some protection against evil. Martha knew that if still April is possessed she will lunge at Martha and attack her. April looked at Martha and all of a sudden she snarled at her, bared her teeth at her. April wanted Martha's flesh.  She could feel someone clouding her mind and controlling her.

April clutched the side of her bed and started breathing heavily. She did not like someone controlling her mind. She wanted to fight. Martha took a step back in fear, blood draining from her face. April was fighting with the spirit that had possessed her. Martha could not comprehend that was it possible, a mortal human like her would have succumbed to the spirit by now. It was a mistake of judgement on Martha's part. Someone has not conjured the spell on her; someone had sent a spirit to possess her. Martha knew why it was being done. It was common practice in Terra Nosferatu. To eliminate any threats which enter the very land of evil. Lamia was paranoid, and her fear resulted in the suffering of others.

"April?" Martha stepped ahead cautiously. April's head hung low as she continued to fight with someone inside her. It was like an invisible force enveloping her mind so that she would lose her senses and the evil force would take charge of her body. Martha's voice broke April's concentration and resulted in giving the spirit upper hand. She suddenly looked up with malicious eyes, with murderous intent in it. Her eyes were bloodshot. "I am going to eat your flesh and bath in your blood, you bitch!"April snarled at Martha. Martha started murmuring the spells to lock April in her place. She knew April would lunge at her. Talia gasped at April's words, which caused April to look in her direction.

"And what do we have here? A beautiful maiden, I must say," April spoke with evilness dripping in her tone. She sniffed the air and gave an evil smirk. Talia's face paled at her statement. She was looking at Talia like a piece of meat. " M...Martha. What is happening?" Talia mumbled fearfully quickly rushing to Martha's side.

"Someone is trying to possess her, and she is fighting it," Martha whispered. Martha ran to the room and brought out her spell book and chanted a few spells to get rid of the spirit, but all were in vain. April cackled in return. April started scratching her hands and started biting her fingers. Tears started coming out of April'seyes in pain, but she was laughing cynically as she could feel everything, but couldn't stop it. April started banging her head on the wall above her bed to an extent where she began bleeding. Talia tried to reach her, but Martha pulled her aside. Martha knew that the spirit will change its host from one vessel to another, and any physical contact was dangerous. Martha used all her all spell she knew but failed. 

"Where is her mate? Martha pondered.  A man stormed inside the cabin and pushed Talia behind him taking a protective stance. If Martha could find who her mate is, things would be easier.  If April belonged to Bruja's, their Queen would have sent someone by now. If she didn't belong to Nosferatu's Coven as Lamia had sent a demon after and Martha has not heard anyone from the kingdom of Brujaa about any Brujo seeking his fated one. Martha's eyes widened in horror, "which left only one race, and it only meant one thing!" Martha gasped inwardly

"Oh, dear," Martha muttered. Her face was completely ashen. Her blood ran cold. If April is what Martha thinks she is, there would be another bloodbath. April has to be kept safe. She has to be moved soon.  Martha's eyes widened at Rowan's action, and it clicked her suddenly. Everything now made sense to her. Why Talia wanted to help her? Why Rowan told Talia to go to the ocean. Martha narrowed her eyes at Rowan, who refused to meet her gaze. "Please God, let it work," Martha mentally prayed as if didn't work they will have to go and ask the help of a Bruja. She performed Brujería, but her power came from her mate so she couldn't perform powerful spells. She was very well aware of what is happening with her. Martha turned towards Rowan with her hands on her waist. She pointed in April's direction "Summon her, beast, " Martha commanded.

"What?" Talia asked.

"You will see," Martha interjected

" Rowan, I know who she is, call her, wolf. Don't let that demon take her away. Call him," Martha pleaded to which Rowan grimly nodded his head and let out an inaudible howl.

April heard a faint voice in her mind. She saw herself being locked in one room where there was no windows and no lights. April hated darkness. She heard someone telling her to call someone. April couldn't open her mouth, but it felt like her mouth was stitched with thread. She tried to open her mouth but she couldn't. Tears started leaking from her eyes as she separates both of her lips. It pained her. She used her nails to unglue her lips. She saw pitch-black eyes in the corner of a room, motioning her to follow it. The eyes disappeared all of a sudden. She felt desperate. She wanted to hear the voice

"Get up," She heard a gruff voice of someone in her head. April shakily got up but fell the moment she got up. Her limbs felt like that of a toddler who was learning to walk for the first time.

"Fight it! And come back!" The voice growled.

April opened her mouth to say that she can't, but her words didn't come out of her lips. She saw faint light entering the room; she followed the light, but she again fell. She felt immense pain as if some was using a whip and was lashing it on her skin. It burnt her skin. She could feel her skin being sliced. She let out a cry of pain.

"Come here," She saw a blurred silhouette of a someone and the voice coming from it became softer sensing her pain. She had started shivering due to pain and fear. Someone let howl of pain in her mind, The person was clawing the shadowed vapour with his nails; and sank his teeth into the shadow, and the shadow let out a blood-curdling scream. Slowly the dark fumes around April dissipated. April felt the warm air around her body. The air in which she could breathe. April felt a burden lifted from her shoulder. She saw a very bright light entering the room. She started crawling with the help of her elbows and knees towards the light.

"Follow the light," The voice murmured and disappeared.

Martha saw April regaining power on body and mind. She had stopped convulsing. Her pale cheeks started gaining colour in it. She was panting heavily. The beast summoned by Rowan was fighting with spirit, Martha knew. April reached the source of the light and opened the door to step out but she the moment she stepped out of the door April felt as if she was falling in an abyss of the pit, from where this ethereal light was reflecting. Exhaustion overtook her and soon she lost her control on consciousness. April fell on the bed laying completely still. April looked like she was sleeping but, she was dealing with after-effects of being possessed.

"So she does exist," Martha cryptically spoke as she looked at Rowan who had a grim look on his face, but he nodded in affirmation at Martha's remark. Martha had just suspected what April was, but the look on Rowan's face spoke volumes.

"Who?" Talia enquired tilting her head a little bit.

"The Beast Tamer," Martha replied, she looked at Rowan and smirked. Rowan looked at the door and shifted into his beast form. The arrival of this girl is going to wreak havoc in the supernatural realm. And if she exists, so does the only hope of this realm, their saviour!