Chapter six - answers

'Legolas?' I asked, my voice loud and high. He opened his eyes immediately as if he had woken from a pleasant dream. He stared at me and then at me who had just kissed him. Two versions of me. The imposter seemed to whisper something to Legolas, I could not hear it. But I saw his eyes change a bit – confusion became love again. He sweetly said my name and kissed the imposter on her forehead.

'Legolas!' I repeated. Again, he seemed to 'wake up'. He stared at me, confusion entered his eyes again. I walked nearer, loyally followed by Maethorion. The imposter came closer to Legolas too, she opened her mouth and showed sharp teeth like daggers. She neared his neck and wanted to bite him, to kill him, when I lifted one of the many knifes I had always hidden in my clothes and sliced her neck open.

She didn't even bleed. She just fell to the ground and started to shake heavily. She lost my traits and turned into a hideous creature. It howled. With another slice of my knife I killed the creature. It struggles at first until it laid dead. Legolas stared at the dead creature, still not understanding everything. I saw his brain progressing everything in his eyes.

'I did not see that coming.' He said. 'Neither did I...' I said and broke an awkward silence with something we both knew to be of no importance right now. '...but I've got the berries.' I said and held the bag in the air. 'Let's continue our chase before the tracks disappear out of the grounds.' He offered and after he received a soul piercing stare, I agreed to walk further.

'Legolas?' I asked to break a moment of uncomfortable silence. 'Why was it me?' I asked. 'I beg you pardon but, what do you mean?' He asked. 'The creature. I thought that it transforms into the thing you hate most, but then you wouldn't been kissing it. So I figured it must have turned into the person you love most, but that must be a mistake since it took my form and not Malathiel's. So, I asked, why did it turn into me?'

Legolas stopped walking and looked at me. I stopped too and allowed him to take my hands in his. 'What is it? What's wrong?' I asked, a little confused. 'You asked me something, I assume you would like an answer.' He answered. 'Yes, that I do.'

'Well, now I'm giving you it.'

Just like the creature had come closer to Legolas earlier, he now moved his face closer to mine. But, in contrast to the creature, he had no bad intentions in his eyes at all. Only a warmth, that could only come from the purest love, and light that seemed to shine brighter than the rays of sun that slipped trough the leaves and softly fell on the ground. He smiled. It was a beautiful sight that made me feel the same joy he felt and I noticed I was smiling too. Then his velvet fingers stroke some hair out of my face and the other hand softly pushed my chin up. And then, gently as if I was made from porcelain and he didn't want to break me, he placed his lips on mine. I was surprised at first, but overcame that quickly and surrendered to the perfect warm feeling I felt inside and to the gorgeous Elf that kissed me. It was more beautiful than what I had witnessed when I came back with my berries – this was real. It was enchanting and indescribable. One of his hands rested on my cheek and his fingers softly caressed my skin. I strongly smelled the smell of the beautiful parts of the Mirkwood forest, it was a scent that always was around Legolas and I adored it. We took a small break and I heard him say my name in a sweet and warm tone. I loved to hear my name spoken so lovingly and the fact that it came out of Legolas's mouth was too good to be true. Yet it was true. His voice was soft and his whisper seemed to have returned the symphony of the beautiful Mirkwood forest to my ears. It filled me with joy and made me smile. I did not want it to end. I only wanted to taste his lips again so I leaned in again and heard the symphony growing stronger and more beautiful. It sounded from everywhere and louder than ever before. It matched with our heartbeats, beating synchronously and fierce, and with our movement as we stood there, lost in each other's touch, lost in each other's kiss. Two persons, yet one. He stopped and looked at me, his eyes shining brighter than ever before. 'That creature transformed into you, because you are the person I desire most. The person I love most.' He said with utter truth and sincerity in his voice and a sweet smile on his face. 'My darling, I love you.' He whispered and I smiled back at him. 'I love you too, always have and always will.' And with that, there in the dangerous red forest where the sun could come through the roof, giving us a warm glow, we let de symphony sound again, its melody wilder and more enchanting than ever before.

A/N

Hey there! I hope I made you smile with this chapter, at least a bit. Thank you so much for reading! Really, it means the world to me. Please vote and tell me what you think of this chapter. Was it okay? I hope it was! Thank you and bye!

Galu!

-MS

Legolas short story x reader 'Symphony' *finished*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें