《1》

there's a million things
I haven't done,
but just you wait,
just you wait

"Peggy Schuyler.
17 years old.
Senior attending Miranda High School."

The police officer looked at the young woman sitting in front of him, shaking her legs, not out of nerve, but out of anger.

"You have no marks at all, Miss Schuyler. Why would you do this to your reputation? To your family's reputation?" He asked her.

Peggy laughed. Tears sprung to her eyes as she did so, threatening to spill from her broken soul.

"Is that all everyone cares about? My goddamn family? Who the hell ever cares about Peggy?"

She motioned to herself and took a breath, regaining her self control.

"Sir, I am sorry. I will fix whatever property was damaged." She offered, itching to escape the room she was in.

"Nothing was damaged, Miss Schuyler." The officer said calmly.

Peggy sprung out of her chair. "Then why the hell am I here?"

"You were caught about to damage a hundred year old statue, Margarita." The officer deadpanned.

"You caught me in a moment of hesitation! Something stopped me from breaking down that goddamned statue. I was putting the hammer away when your buddy caught me."

"Why would you even think about destroying it in the first place?" He questioned.

"I'm so fucking tired of everything!" Peggy exclaimed, frantically pushing her hands by her sides.

She let out heavy breaths and gripped the edge of the chair she was now standing in front of. The officer in front of her sighed.

"We are going take your hammer and let you off with a warning. You may leave." He said.

She looked up and raised an eyebrow, "What? You're letting me go? Why?"

The officer stood up slowly and handed the young woman's bag to her, "You're young. There are things you need to figure out. Go, live and figure them out. There's a million things you haven't done."

Peggy took her bag and slung it over her shoulder hesitantly, "Uh, thank you."

She turned to walk out of the room and looked down. She turned around in the door way, watching as the officer sat back down slowly.

"Just you wait."

(371 words)