The truth is that someone blackmailed him to kill his entire family if he didn't enter an unidentified organization, but I never knew who that 'someone' is. Zachary, I should've known.

"I didn't have a choice, Ariana. It was to protect my family", he sighed sadly.  "He promised that he'll release me after 6 months, but I'm aware of this lie. I didn't know what to do..."

The whole situation was messed up. It seemed like my whole life changed after this fight with Demi, and even my life turned upside down. People I thought I knew proved me the complete opposite. I didn't even know what to say or think at this point.

"Oh, you're the famous Ariana he told me about?" curiously asked the British accent boy before earning what seemed a smack from Mac. "Ey, buddy, don't hit me! I was just interested in the girl of your dreams!" I heard a scream and some fighting noises. "Okay, okay! I will stop talking!" Promised the British guard in an annoyed voice.

"Ari..." breathed Mac, his heart tightening. "I'm truly sorry. Please forgive me... I know it's not the time, so I'll just help you out. Beatrice is in the room 89 and please hurry up because you don't have a lot of time!"

I didn't need to be told twice to rush out of the hallway and find the researched room. I ran even quicker when I heard the faint voices and screams, guessing it was from Zachary. I was shivering; not of cold, but of adrenaline. My heart was hammering; not of fear, but of passion. Passion. Yes, I was somewhat apprehensive and scared, but it didn't restrain me from feeling on the top of the world.

"Shit!" I mumbled when I almost lost balance on the stairs, and instantly gripped onto my gun harder than before. I arrived. I could hear them talking clearly.

"You! Gomez! Come here!"

I shuddered at the tone of his voice, and I knew everyone else was trembling with fear too. I had to shoot him before he shoots the others... But can I really reach the target? I never succeeded in the practice classes with Miley, not even once. But it wasn't the time to lose my fragile self-confidence. I had to do it; for Demi, for Miley, for Mac, for justice. But the question is how could I shoot him? The door was closed, and there wasn't any obvious way to enter the room.

"You know what? Joseph, I'd love to see you under torture."

My alerted eyes ran across the wall, searching for anything really, and suddenly spotted a square of maybe 1 meter by 1 meter. It was a little bit open; not too obvious but it was. Without hesitating, I leaped with more agility than I thought I had, and clang onto the small door. I felt like a top secret agent, and just the idea of it made me jump of excitement. I entered the hidden corridor and crawled all the way until I saw a little bit of light. Damn, it was a good view. I could freely observe the scene from just as far as I needed, so I prepared my bullets. I had to succeed. This time, no joking around.

"Wait, I almost forgot! I need to make Demetria suffer too..."

I positioned myself, and suddenly, everything that Miley said and repeated resounded on my mind. Focus. Focus on the target.

"A small trigger would be too short, too unpleasant for me to watch..."

Damn, time was running out. The hourglass was so close to ending... Focus on Zachary's head. I was praying that he wouldn't move.

"Let's take someone else first. Beatrice."

He raised his gun which made me internally freak out, and as we both pulled the trigger... Me on him... Him on Beatrice... I saw Demi running and jumping in front of the poor girl! Nooooooo! It couldn't- it couldn't...!

Two gunshots resounded. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I peeked through my hands which unconsciously covered my eyes... And saw it all...

I was too late to kill Zac.

He was luckily dead, but he released a shot before perishing, and that bullet went right into Demi's shoulder. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"DEMI!" Cried out Joe before running towards her like she was his dear life, and taking her in his arms. "No, don't you dare die on me! Demi... Speak!" He started balling his eyes out while Demi only stared at him with dreamy and half-opened eyes. "Demi... Please, I love you so fucking much, so please fight for me!" He looked down at her slowly decomposing shoulder, covered with fresh blood. "It's okay, baby girl, we're gonna send you to the hospital right now..."

"Demi, hold on! The paramedics are coming!" Screamed Nick, who was trembling with horror and deadly fear for the first time of his life. "Hold the hell on, Demetria!"

"They're here! And Ariana, please come down!" Wailed Selena, understanding that it was me who shot Zac. But no one cared about the deceased criminal anymore... Demi was the important one.

Nearly a second after she said that, police officers and paramedics barged into the room, creating a confusing chaos. I shakily opened the grill and jumped out of it even though it was high as hell. I didn't care. "Demi..." I whispered, rushing towards her and her boyfriend. "I love you so much..."

She shifted her weak eyes and landed them on my pale figure. "Ari," she murmured. "You shot Zac... You saved all of us."

I cried harder and so did Joe as we circled our dear friend. Paramedics were trying to get hold of Demi, but Nick made them slow down to let us have just a little bit of privacy. "I didn't save all of us!" I sobbed. "I didn't save you."

Beatrice started sobbing too and trembled because of the shock. The nurses took her on a gurney and brought her away. She needed counseling, that's for sure.

"You're a he-hero, Ari..." she stumbled on her words, slowly losing her breath and consciousness. The paramedic took out an oxygen mask, ready to put it on her.

"I'm not," I breathed heavily, while Joe kissed her rose lips desperately. "You're the real hero, here... Not me..."

She smiled faintly, before mouthing an I love you to the whole team. I felt numb. My heart breaking into millions of pieces.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" Miley appeared, in a pretty bad state, struggling to walk until us.  "What...?" She didn't finish her sentence; her eyes turned bloodshot and her expression empty when she perceived the bloody shoulder of Demi with her naked eyes.

?" She didn't finish her sentence; her eyes turned bloodshot and her expression empty when she perceived the bloody shoulder of Demi with her naked eyes

Demi didn't stop smiling and tried to put her thumbs out, but failed miserably. My eyes still stared at her shoulder, which truthfully looked dislocated. The bullet... I could see it clearly. I couldn't imagine the pain my best friend was going through. "I'm happy..." she tried to whisper, but we all heard every syllable. "I'm happy you're all..." She shifted her eyes from Miley's face to Nick's face, then to Selena, Joe and finally me. "Alive," she finally slowly let out, her eyes closed. The nurses put on her mask and took her to the hospital as fast as possible.

I didn't have the force to follow them.

I felt weak.

I felt dizzy.

Suddenly, I fainted and fell down to the floor, as some other officers rushed to catch me.

Too tired to pray.

Too tired to hope.

____

Didn't update for a few days because my friend and I got broken-hearted after the JBLfest. Can you believe that they didn't make Joe and Demi sing together or even take a picture? What's the point to do a concert together, then? 😥

Nancy xox