Chapter 20

"Isn't it beautiful?"

Selena looked out of the window enthusiastically and immediately saw the water. It was beyond beautiful; she'd say magical. The sunny sky only added to her joy. "Amazing! Come!" She shouted while running out of Justin's car, impatient to lie on the beach. 

She needed a tan desperately. What was the last time she took vacations? Between school, work and personal life, she barely had time for herself. The beach has always been her favorite place. "What are you waiting for? Hurry, Justin!" She screamed happily like an over-excited girlfriend, before grabbing his hand, carefree.

The man grinned at her cheerful mood, and obey entry followed the blonde and typical American girl. Selena Gomez, he thought dreamily while staring at her angelic features.

"It's crowded than I thought," she pouted childishly before shrugging her shoulders

"It's crowded than I thought," she pouted childishly before shrugging her shoulders. "Anything to be under the sun."

Selena carelessly undressed, letting him discover the bikini under her summer dress. Justin's eyes widened and he looked away, worried about the attraction between them. It was a romantic attraction, and he would even dare say; a sexual one.

"Come to swim with me! Or do you want to try canoe? I think I prefer the canoe," babbled Selena talking to herself more than to Justin.

She held fire in her eyes, like a child receiving her first Christmas gift. Justin looked at her, amused, wondering about how she could be that excited. With her perfect smile on, she looked like a princess; a real undercover princess, charming but untouchable.

"I'd prefer the canoeing if you don't mind. Swimming is a challenge for me and not my style at all."

The special agent giggled giddily and motioned him toward the sea. She then winked teasingly. "Don't tell me security agents can't even swim. Isn't this, like, a thing? Security... Swimming... Saving people from drowning..."

Justin rolled his eyes, unbuttoning his jeans. "Will I take you here if I didn't know how to swim? I just don't like the cold water, that's all."

His pants sank to his ankles within moments and ran straight past her. He sprang high into the air, diving into the cold water of the ocean. Selena chuckled and followed his actions. Seconds later, they were both having the time of their lives.

"You know," panted Justin, catching her wet body from behind. "I'm enchanted to meet someone like you."

Selena froze and turned around as he still held her tightly. She then tilted her head by the right side and smiled brightly. "So I'm I. You're a good man."

Justin pressed his forehead against her like a spontaneous move and admitted somewhat randomly: "You change me. With you, I'm softer than usual."

Selena never felt anything like that in her whole life. She was so happy that she wanted to run to every city and shout it to the whole world. Internally, she secretly hoped to stay with him forever,

"You change me too. With you, I feel cared."

To not say loved.

Meanwhile

The restaurant wasn't too crowded, which was a good thing. Joe's date with Taylor was going perfectly fine, but sadly, he didn't feel as many sparks as before. He still found her absolutely charming, inside out, but they were maybe better off as friends instead of lovers. His mind wandered to Demi and a smile slowly appeared on his face just by thinking about her.

The way she rolls her eyes at everything he says. Her determination each time a mission comes. The movement she does to flip her long and soft brown hair.  Her laugh that could lit up the world. His world. When they don't fight and argue, of course, which was rare. But even then, he secretly enjoys it.

"Are you listening to me, Joe?" Asked Taylor another time. "We're supposed to be on a date and I can see in your eyes that you're not paying any attention. Did I do something wrong?"

He focused himself on the gorgeous lady in front of his eyes and mentally slapped himself for not listening to her. He couldn't tell her that he was actually having doubts about their foggy relationship. He thought that it could work, he thought that he might be head over heels with her, but maybe Taylor was simply the wrong person.

Maybe real love has been there all along and he didn't even know.

"Don't worry, Taylor. I'm sorry if my mind is elsewhere. I'm just... A little confused about my feelings."

Taylor sighed deeply, expecting it. "Me too," she admitted. "I thought that I was falling for you, but it's more as a friend than as a boyfriend. It's been such a long time since I've been in a relationship, and I was forcing myself to see you as the perfect man. Can I just do something to confirm my doubts, if you don't mind?"

Joe nodded his head, relieved to see that she had, in fact, the same opinion as him. Before he knew it, her lips were pressed against his, and he caressed her cheek to keep it going. It was so... Cold and unpleasant. There was totally no spark, and it felt insanely wrong.

Like out of place.

"We can still be friends," Taylor carefully said once she pulled away. She gave him a sad look and they both knew what it meant. "At least, I ate free supper! Thank you for paying the check!"

"My poor bank account," Joe joked. "Fortunately, it's worth it. I'm honored to have gone on a date with a magnificent woman like you. Hopefully, we can find you a boyfriend. It would be a big loss for the masculine gent if you stay single."

"Back to the flirty Joe!" Taylor giggled, carefree. "We can find you a girlfriend soon, too, but that may be easy. You can just take the one who stalked us since we came here."

"What? Where?" Joe roared, alerted. "Better not be who I think..."

Taylor pointed hesitantly to the window, and Joe instantly caught a glimpse of the silhouette hidden in the parking lot. "Oh no, she didn't," He murmured under his breath.

"You know her?" questioned the young woman with a shocked expression.

"I wish I didn't. It's my ex-coworker," Joe explained, carefully lying.

 It's my ex-coworker," Joe explained, carefully lying

"Well, go get her then. She must like you very much to follow you from New York. I mean... She has been glaring at me with binoculars for two hours now."

"What?!" screamed Joe, jumping on his feet. "I told her to give you a break! She's such a... Ugh! I'll go talk to her, sorry."

"No worry! It was awesome hanging out with you!"

Taylor waved at him as Joe hurried out of the room after deposing 100$ on the table. He was absolutely pissed. How dares she?

Oh, Demi would surely receive a lecture from him, and hopefully, a lesson.

______

Nancy xox