Chapter 41

Miley's POV

"I can't see anything! Give me the binoculars, for God's sake!"

Ariana rolled her eyes at me, mumbling that I was being unfair, but handed me the binoculars anyway. I didn't waste time to use it and squint at the entree of the Castle; seeing my boyfriend guarding like a lion searching for its next prey.

"What do you see? What do you see?" rushed Ariana like she couldn't even wait for a few more seconds. "Is everything alright? Tell me!"

I passed the precious object to my friend and let her answer her own question by herself. I knew I wasn't supposed to follow my friends and stalk their activities, but I couldn't simply sit on a hotel's couch and bite my nails off of apprehension when my own team was risking their life. It was my responsibility, my mission, and my task also.

"Nick is actually pretty hot like that, but not so my style," admitted the red-haired girl with a thoughtful face. I glared at her, my eyes sending daggers, and she instantly knew that joke was lame. "Sorry, Mi. I was just pointing out a fact, but I swear it wasn't supposed to come out of my mouth. Plus, I already have my eyes on someone else. His name is Mac Miller and he's in my theatre classes. The sweetest guy you'll ever meet, I can assure you."

"Okay, Ari, if you say so. But right now, let's concentrate on the most important thing. We will gossip later, light-hearted when it will all be finished", I tried to suggest in the nicest way possible.

To be honest, I was super worried. Even though I trusted my teammates with all my heart, they're unfortunately not superheroes. And there was something else too... My intuition told me to watch them carefully in case anything unplanned happened, and that's why I followed my interior advice and made Ariana come with me.

"Thank you for bringing me with you," gracefully muttered the receptionist, gandering at me with pure love in her eyes. "You must trust me a lot to include me in a mission and I'm grateful for it." Tears lined up her eyes, again, embracing her emotional and sensitive personality.

I wanted to roll my eyes, and that's probably what I would have done before, but I was a changed woman after the hospital episode. Something clicked inside of me and blossomed my vision of the world. "Don't thank me, Ariana. I owe you my life, and you know it better than anyone else."

That wasn't a lie. If she didn't rush to the hospital that night, I'm afraid that I wouldn't have made it. Her speech and chosen words deeply affected me; In fact, it moved my heart so much that it brought me a new perception of the situation.

"Wait..." Ariana's face twisted horribly and almost turned white before pointing at the entree. I abruptly snatched the binoculars from her hands and gazed straight into it, my breath becoming heavier and heavier by second. My friend stood up frightfully and gulped with difficulty. "We have to do something! Miley, he just- He just... I can't breathe. Where is Demi?"

 Where is Demi?"