Chapter 8 - A Date To Forget

Liam’s P.O.V

Finally it’s just Bri and I on a date; I feel like its taken forever for this moment. I’ve got a few surprises up my sleeve too. Bri keeps asking questions but I won’t tell her. It’s pretty amusing.

“Pleeaasssee tell me.” she begs.

“Nope,” I refuse yet again.

She groans and crosses her arms across her chest.

“A clue? Even an idea on about how far away we are,” she looks up showing me some puppy eyes. They were simply adorable but I need to stand my ground. 

“We are nearly there. That is all I’m telling you”

“Like that’s any information,” she rolls her eyes and turns her head back to the road. I park the car and get out and she follows.

“Where are we?”

“You’ll see” I say as we walk in and a big smile forms her face.

“I know where we are now!” She says excitedly.

We were at none other than the Ice Rink. I’ve never been before but I’ve heard it’s wonderful. I’ve been ice skating before, a few times actually. This rink does late night skates too, so there is music playing and neon lights flashing. It looked awesome.

“Just to let you know I can’t skate, last time I did this I nearly broke my nose.”

“That’s okay,” I smile, “I’ll hold you.”

“Thanks” she says while skating into the entrance already tripping but I catch her.

After a while Bri skates on her own without my help but I kinda wish she hadn’t caught on so easily.

“Look at me now Liam! I can do it, don’t need your help anymore. Yes!” She picks up her speed and turns around. She still had her hair tied back in a high ponytail and it whipped to side as she turned. She had a huge smile on her face, but I don't get why it's so good that she learnt - that means I don't have an excuse to help her anymore. 

“You coming or are you a slow coach?” she looks at my pouted lips but then turns back around and continues skating.

“Me slow? Nah not even close gorgeous,” I smirk and catch up to her speed and quickly grab her arm.

“Don’t trip” I laugh.

She stumbles at my sudden appearance but I held her upright, maybe or maybe not flexing a little to show off my biceps.

“Thanks a lot! I just got used to this. You better watch your back Payne! You won’t even see it coming” she didn't even look at my arms. She pokes me in the chest and starts skating off again but ends up falling onto the ground with a thud.

“Oh no! I’m so scared” I joke sarcastically and help her back up.

She flicks her head in the other direction and skates off with surprisingly fast strides for a first timer. I catch up to her quickly though.

“Go away you’re too fast,” Bri stumbles along the rink.

“Maybe, or you are just too slow,” I do a circle around her and laugh.

My phone starts ringing in my pocket. Smooth Liam, bringing your phone out to an Ice Rink. I look at the caller ID and I see a number that I don’t recognize. I’ve seen the number before, but I can’t remember who it was. I put the phone back in my pocket and continue skating around with Brianna. The same caller keeps calling. Again and again. It could be just a fan that somehow got my number, but then again I would not have remembered the sight of it.