Chapter 101: Haymaker

Start from the beginning

"I command you," he said, "Destroy the enemy in front of me."

"As His Majesty commands."

When the booming voice rung, Akhenaton began to take a step. It was slow, but wide, at first, but it was getting faster and faster... his steps growing into him moving like a Spartan going for war.

Far away, the running black skinned knight golem-turned-Colossi was already running but as if it had felt the presence of Akhenaton, he sped up and its left arm healed as black muscle strands formed and became it lost left arm.

But in exchange, the large tumor on its left shoulder decreased in size at that moment.

Then, the Colossi stretched his right hand out as it grabbed a large black heavy sword almost its same size that materialized with a flash of black-purple light beside it.

The Colossi roared, dragging the sword with two hands, speeding up to meet Akhenaton in a clash.

As the Colossi held its large sword, Akhenaton used his spear, twirling it like an expert and placed it on his back as he too dashed faster than before.

One was 1.3km in size while the other was 1km tall. Although there was a 300m disparity in their sizes, none could say that Akhenaton looked weak with that master-pose he had.

Back on the castle wall, Siva looked at his hand and clenched a fist.

"Why am I relaxed right now?"

"Rex..." a call from behind disturbed his thoughts.

Scion's beautiful face had a worried look on them as she held her chest with her left hand.

Siva turned around, his clothes fluttering in the wind... although his skin was black, his eyes still expressed that calmness that could both bewilder and entrance anyone who looked at them.

In fact, despite the horrifying look on his face, his eyes that came peeking out from his freely waving hair carried an emotion that couldn't deny a certain kind of charm on them.

"I need to fight this battle." Siva's voice felt somewhat... distantly calm. For some reason, Scion felt like he was a different person.

This calmness felt like ancient.

Siva's demeanor somehow resembled that of a wizened old man who spends his retired days fishing in a bridge and a kid walked in and asked a "what is life" question then receiving an answer.

Siva's eyes, his aura, gave that kind of feeling. He looked at the far distance, the lights of the city his background to the ones standing in the wall.

For some reason, they could feel that from the moment he had woken up... Siva...

...had gone through a great transformation...

They could only recall that change that happened earlier in the cellar dungeons where both he and Scion was taken over by what they could only tell as unique NPCs.

And yet, contrary to her early remark... even as far as slapping him... Scion nodded and with tears in her eyes accented.

"Save the city. Save Baron."

He lowered his head as a seemingly slightly stronger gust of wind pushed his robe to flutter loudly, the sound of it akin to flapping wings.

With a flash of light underneath his cloak, Siva's figure left the castle wall... or rather...

It was Apus Epirus who was retreating from him.

Ten meters later, Scion couldn't hold it in and she rushed towards the edge of the wall and cried: