Chapter 23: Knight's Pledge

================================
Chapter 23: Knight's Pledge
================================

In a fortress in Kora
The Western Continent of Flowerion

Nine people dressed in green Scholar Robes centered on an old NPC who wore the same green robe but was layered with gold linings and the Reddish Gold insignia of the Imperial Family.

The NPC listened to the reports of the players and then heaved a sigh... "Earthlings... are cruel." he said and then he looked up at the ceiling as if his gaze was actually pushing forth beyond the murals in the ceiling and even beyond the sky.

One of the green robed scholars seated around him bid a respectful glance before speaking.

"Your Majesty, what are you talking about? How do you know about earth?"

Of course, the players will be surprised with this.

The other eight people were aghast but they knew better than to ask meaningless questions with this Imperial NPC. He was very mysterious and there are things he spoke about that were sometimes connected to quests and missions and sometimes just a dead end.

But of all the things they've proven, all of the things that he speak off are always one way or another connected to the weakest and the least chosen race in this game... The Naturals.

This particular scholar was the youngest and newest addition to their ranks and thus he still had yet to know how to hold his tongue against their Emperor.

Looking at this scholar, the Emperor chuckled. His eyes were full of wisdom as he muttered, "That year, our captain..." the NPC Emperor didn't finish his words and only sighed again before he secluded himself on his own musings.

As quiet as the room became, the scholars –the nine advisors of the NPC's Imperial Court, quietly made their exits from the chamber.

When they were outside, the oldest and veteran of the Players hit the newbie on the head.

"Fool! If the Emperor was in a bad mood when you've spoken like that, he would have banished you and issued a hunting order for the Imperial Soldiers to kill you in the name of justice!"

Hearing this, the newbie was frightened and he folded his shoulders and began to sulk.

Seeing this, the veteran player only sighed and then he faced the other seven.

"Did you all hear that?" He said and the seven gave him a nod. "Earthlings... he spoke of Earth! Until now, not once had any other NPC in Terroa spoke of the Earthlings the way he did. In fact, not once did any other NPC have mentioned of this name."

The other seven had a serious look and then nodded.

After a moment, one of the seven spoke. "With the information that we have, I don't think that there is only one Grand Quest in this game."

"Agree."

"Right."

"There are at least four, if I'm not mistaken."

With the last phrase being spoken by a woman, the eight, including the youngest, looked over their only female members with both adoration and reverence.

The girl was astonishingly beautiful.

She told them, "I've received some information that pertains to some very scary people. I cannot tell you guys about this information yet but I can assure you that on my upcoming travel, I will at least bring you guys with me in the most famous Grand Quest yet."