Chapter 22: Is It Only Us?

================================
Chapter 22: Is It Only Us?
================================

.

.

.

In the meeting room, Kladis returned with a smile on his face. It was a kind of smile that can even make a man become conscious of his own sexuality.

Such a combination of grace and handsomeness was actually only possible in this game world.

When Gats and the rest of the Legion saw him, they couldn't help but have conflicting thoughts. The main concern now is whether they could get the Eye of Origins from Scion and proceed with all of their plans.

Gats chuckled, "It seems that you didn't tell her."

Kladis placed his sword in front of him, above the table, and then flicked his cape before sitting down, crossing legs in the chair with the name of [Lancelot].

"Yes. I didn't." he said confidently.

Some of the people inside frowned but none of them made any other noises of discontent. It's because of the person seated on the nameless chair in their midst.

His presence alone had changed the balance of authority and power inside their hall and they knew that him, Gats, being able to control the Blue Card Legion from the dark all these time only proved that he had the kind of strength and calculating personality that is not easy to deal with.

And also, Gats was the one who devised all of their plans, assigned people to take up positions, missions, and quests to get all of their accomplishments together, forming the foundation of how they are called the «Blue Card Legion» now.

Gats let out a carefree laugh, "Then I would assume that you have advanced quite far?"

Hearing this point, Prince Volga gritted his teeth in anger as he knew very well what their leader meant when he said "advanced" earlier.

To this, Kladis heartily laughed but he didn't give out a reply. Instead, he just looked at Hubert and then spoke in a mocking tone.

"It's not that I advanced on her," he said and then drew his eyes towards Volga. "It's just that I was given quite the nicest opening ceremony when I have thought of this plan."

"You–!" While the Prince Volga was furious, Gats was in a merry and joyous mood. He laughed out and then tapped the table many times, rattling the swords on the table while making all the people inside feel a quiet stupor in their chests.

At his point, Gats changed the subject with a shake of his head before looking at Hubert.

"Kira, stop the disguise. I want you to gain her trust and become her ally. Give her your utmost support as a real retainer and do your best to get her to at least agree on using the Eye of Origins to our cause if she doesn't want to give it up."

Hubert –called Kira, didn't dally as he stood up.

As soon as he did, the stoic face of the man changed abruptly with a wiping gesture on his face. The once male knight that had a quiet temperament on the TOS Guild became a girl that wore the same themed armor as that of Kladis.

Her presence closely resembled that of Kladis, only, she had a wavy long blue hair that was tied in a ponytail behind her head.

She was from the Maven Tribe, the Terrans with the highest affinity to Mana and talent with Magic.

Her stoic and expressionless face was just as how the silent [Hubert] was, only, this time, she had revealed her true appearance –the one that joined the Legion.