Chapter 19- A little Story

Liam's Point of View--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she sleeps I listen to her. Hoping for one sign that she loves me back. She knows most of what went on during my existance now I wish shed let me inside her life a little more. I've killed other of my kind and I feel more guilty of what I did to her that few days ago. I never meant to scare her. It would be easier if she just already knew about what's going on.

I do love her....
I'm not suppose to, but I do. The Arcs can't control that.

She finally wakes up by the time the feeling in my arm is gone. "Feel better?" I ask and she props up on her elbow and nods as she pushes her hair back.

After a moment she glances up at me twice as if uncomfortable. "Why are you looking at me like that?" she asks and I look away and shake my head. I didn't even know why I was staring.

"
Can I ask you something?" she asks and I nod.

"Why didn't follow your prophecy?" she asks and I swallow. Should've known that was coming.

"Um... cause I simply didn't want to. Besides, now look where I am." I say somewhat confidently. She clearly wasn't pleased. "Yeah, it got you no where." she mutters and turns away to stand up but I catch her arm. "What's that suppose to mean?" I ask.

"You could've had better Liam. Someone who could relate to your experiences and that would be as strong as you. Instead you chose wrong." she says clearly angered. I sensed jealousy and envy on her. It wasn't hard to put the peices together. Because it envolved another girl, but yet she wished I had chosen that other girl.

"Whoa Max. Calm down for a moment. You think you don't compare to this other girl because you're a mortal? That's it, isn't it?" i ask somewhat frustrated. Her mood dies down and she looks down at her hands and nods. I sigh annoyedly and sit up, folding my legs indian style. "No Max. I didn't want her. Shed put me in hell if I did choose her. I wanted," I begin but cut off awkwardly. "I want to be the type to care for a girl who's sick, take care of her and give her my protection. Not one who tries to control my rank because she's from another Royal family and that has to be stuck with me in battle from a prophecy. Prophecies are only written but they can not be by destiny." I say. "At the time I was out for blood, not love."

"But I'm only your assignment for the moment." she mumbles.

"At first, but I want you now. You're never just a task to me. The sooner you put that aside the better."

"But then why don't you just find some Mortal Angel at leased?" she asks and I sigh and look away. It took a long stirring moment to spit it out. "Because you're the the one I marked on." I say lowly almost to a mutter. She stares at me blankly.

"What's that mean?" she asks. I hesitate to answer because I still haven't gotten her to admit it yet but I guess I have no choice now. I run a hand through my hair. "It means I'm um... its hard to explain." I say confused to put it in words.

She moves closer a little and tilts her head to encourage me. "Go on."

"It means I uh... you belong with me. I have to get you to want me." I stutter for words.

"So I'm only property to you?" she asks and I look up at her. "No..." I say and find myself pushing her back to the bed and pressing my forehead to hers. I could hear the hitch in her breath.

"It means I want you in every way possible. I would do anything to keep you safe, and love you right. Give you every experience you desire. And give you anything you wish for." I pour out fading to a near whisper. My control was flying south by the minute right now. My hands nearly trembled.