CH 48: Salute

"He'll answer when you call, but make sure you answer whenever He (Allah) calls."

-Aliah

~~~

Aliah's POV

When a bullet flys through the air, it does so at an amazing speed. The fastest bullets travel more than 2,600 feet per second.

To put that in perspective, it's amazing to realize that bullets travel over twice the speed of sound. In this case, the bullet would hit you before you even heard the gun fire off.

"NOO! PLEASE DO-" I yelled but I couldn't even finish my sentence as the bullet had already hit his target.

Harris fell down backwards, overwhelmed with pain and scare.

I quickly crawled towards him, leaning in over him brushing my fingers against his cheeks. I looked at him, afraid and miserable.

"I can't lose you Harris" I sobbed, "please stay with me."

He groaned out of pain followed by him opening his eyes. He grabbed my hand and looked dead-straight into my eyes.

"Wow you do care a lot about me don't you." He slightly chuckled.

"NYPD!" Officers yelled, running into the room.

They all pointed their gun at the fake police officer.

"Drop your gun!" One police officer shouted. I think that was the one in charge.

We all looked at George, wondering what he would do next. They had him cornered, there was no way out.

It was finally over.

"Drop your gun NOW!" They shouted again.

George did what they aked him to do a few seconds later. The sound of the gun reaching the floor gave me some kind of comfort inside. I could give Harris my attention again as they were cuffing everyone involved.

"You got hit." I said looking at his arm.

"Naah it's nothing" He slowly stood up and wrapped his arms around me.

"Just a bullet graze wound I think, he missed me by a few inches." He said, hugging me tightly.

We both looked at George who was being cuffed while the legal stuff was being recited to him.

"This isn't over yet business man, watch your back." He chuckled, right before his facial expression changed into a furious one.

"Have fun in jail." I whispered.

I released myself from Harris' hug and made my way to Saïd who was sitting down next to Flora.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, to let him know I was right behind him.

"She was just looking for a way out. I don't blame her." He said. "I would've done the same stupid thing."

He turned around and came in for a hug, sobbing quietly on my shoulder.

It was finally over.

"We're so sorry for your loss." One officer said, interrupting us.

"The ambulance will be here at any minute." He said facing Harris who was putting pressure on the wound.

"Wait!" Harris said after the officer was about the leave. "How did you know we were down here? It's pretty abandon."

I wanted to know the exact same.