CH 11: Kicked out

Aliah's POV

I left the building and waited for the driver to pick me up. I'd rather walk home, but Harris would kill me for doing so.

"Hey, are you going home?" Zain the bodyguard asked me when I was waiting.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for my ride.. What about you? When is your shift over?" I asked.

"In about 2 hours, someone else will take my spot for this night." He said in a very low voice.

I liked his voice, it was really manly and harsh in some way. He was nice to me, but I would be scared of him if I was an intruder.

"Well, my ride is here so I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked looking him in the eyes.

"Yeah." He winked.

That wink almost knocked me over and damn his smile..

I smiled at him and got in the car.

And guess what? He opened the freaking door for me. Why aren't there more guys like him out there?

He smiled back at me and closed the door when I got in the car.

I breathed out heavily when he closed the door, I could feel that my cheeks had turned red.

"Well miss Samuni, it was a good day I see?" My driver smirked.

"Funny John." I responded.

We connected a bit because he was driving me to work and dropping me home every single day.

It's not a big deal, he mostly talks about his children and wife. At what he told me, he's 55 years old, is married for around 30 years now, has 4 children and 2 grandchildren.

I sometimes liked it to be alone or walk home with the wind going through my hijab, but I don't mind listening to a man who is truly happy in life. I hope I will have that one day.

Insha Allah.

"Thank you for dropping me home again John! See you tomorrow." I waved.

"See you tomorrow Aliah." he responded.

I took the elevator up to my flat. When I arrived on my floor, I noticed 2 men waiting in the hallway right in front of my door.

They are probably here for the neighbors, that's what I thought anyway.

As I walked closer I recognized one man, it was the owner of the building.
I still have a week until I have to pay the rent for this month though..

"Hey Don, everything okay?"

"I'm sorry Aliah", he said.

"For what?" I asked.

Why was he apologizing? And who is that guy that was with him?

"You need to pack your stuff and leave the apartment immediately!" I couldn't comprehend what he was saying, this must be some kind of joke.

"What?! Why?" I asked confused.

"You're always late with paying your rent and this gentleman was looking for a place to stay and he payed already for a year.. I'm so sorry.."

"What? Wait, you kicking me out?! But I finally got a job and and and I was about to pay on time from now on.." I said hysterically.

"I'm sorry, it's too late now." he responded.

Dick.

"You know that I have nowhere to go! Why are you doing this to me?!"

"I'm sure that one of your colleges will offer you a place to stay." He said.