CH 8: HUS /part 2/ & Me being done with life.

Aliah's POV

"I lost someone I really cared about a few years ago.." He stopped, took a deep breath and continued his story.

I didn't ask, talk or lower my gaze. I kept quiet while I tried to make eye contact with him, but he did his best not to look me in the eyes.

"She.. Euhm.. She died due to a car accident." He said. I knew what he was going through, I lost my parents to the same reason.

"I'm so sorry." I said still looking at him.

He smiled but still didn't make any eye contact.

"You remind me of her." He said, this time he looked up and his green eyes found my dark brown eyes.

"That's why you wanted to get rid of me didn't you?"

He confirmed my suspicion by nodding.

"If you can't handle me being around, I will quit.." I said whilst thinking about everything that was going to happen. I would probably get kicked out of my apartment and I will be forced to live on the streets.

"No, of course not. I can't make you quit."

"Well, if I wanna quit, I quit.. It's not your decision." I said taking my empty plate to the kitchen.

Man, I don't wanna quit, but I don't wanna be the reason for somebody to be hurt everyday when they see me.

"NO" Harris said walking behind me.

"I can't make you quit, I will be feeling guilty my whole life.." He said. "And by the way, you're a good assistant." he smirked.

I smiled and rolled up my sleeves, so I could do the dishes.

"You don't have to do the dishes, somebody will be coming over for that in the morning" He said.

I nodded and placed my plate on the counter.

"Anyway, euhm it's getting late.. I should probably go home." I said

It was getting late, too late. I secretly hoped that he will be given me a ride home, I didn't want to go home alone at this time. And I just realised that I was at a non-mahram's house late at night.

I walked to Harris's room and was about to change back into my own clothes until Harris stopped me.

"You can stay over, we both work at the same company anyway.. I can give you a ride in the morning then." Harris said standing infront of his room's door.

"Euhm, no I don't think it's a good idea" I responded whilst closing the door.. Well, I tried but he stopped it by putting his foot in between.

"C'mon, you can stay in the guest room and I will not come in without your permission. It's getting late anyway, I don't want you to walk all alone while it's this dark outside.. Bad people are outside right now." He said.

I know what he was trying to do..

"Even if I stay over, I'm not putting the same clothes on as the day before." Let's now hope he brings me home.

"My ex left some clothes, just put something from her on." He said with a straight face.

"I'm not put..."

"Whatever, you wanna go home? Then go." He said pulling his foot back and walking away.

I know I keep repeating myself, but there is something seriously wrong with this guy..

"Fine I'll stay over." I said trying to sooth him.

"Hmm okay." He said smiling.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked suprised.