CH 22: Wedding day

"No matter how hard it is, don't show your feelings because darling these days there is no trust and there is no humanity. Learn how to fake a smile and how to force a laugh because it's so much easier than explaining what's wrong."

-An old friend

Aliah's POV

You know, I imagined this day a little different. I thought that I would marry a guy I truly cared about and that it would only be out of love.

Now this marriage was one big joke. And I quote: 'just to save our jobs'.

Right.. Our jobs, nothing more important in this world than money. They say that you can't buy happiness, but did you ever see a homeless person happy? I didn't.

I was getting dressed after I sat in a chair for almost 2 hours. It took 2 hours to look like this. I've never worn as much make-up as today. I looked good though. I looked beautiful.

"Wow."

"You look like mom." a person said entering the room.

"SAÏD!" I shouted when I saw that it was him saying those things.

I ran over to him and jumped into his arms.

"But what are you doing here?"

"Do you really think I would miss my sister's wedding?" He responded.

"I'm glad you're here" I responded hugging him again.

"Now I never thought that you would fall in love with someone like him though." He said.

If you only really knew why I did this.

I released him and turned around.

I always had this thing that I could never look someone directly in the eyes if I was lying. I always turned around, that's how my parents always knew when I was lying.

"You're lying?" He said.

"You're turning around, what's wrong?" He added.

I turned back around and faced him.

"Nothing-nothing let's-", I sighed. "Let's just enjoy my big day okay" I said.

"Sure sis."

"But Saïd how did you?"

"Harris called me."

He then smiled and walked away to probably the room where all the guests were.

Harris and I did the Nikkah beforehand. When the Imam from the local Mosque came to do the ceremony he at first wasn't really convinced. Mostly because Harris wasn't Muslim. It makes you think why he choses you whilst he could have chosen a non-Muslim. Everything would be so much easier. We eventually convinced the Imam by telling him that Harris was interested in Islam and will convert later on. He then did the ceremony And Harris was shocked by it. Not in bad way he said. In a good way. After that we got legally married at the city hall. It's official, we only had our party today. But why was I so stressed? Maybe it was because I was worried about what they would think about a Muslim entering their family.

(UPDATE. A/N Guys I know, yes their Nikkah is probably not accepted by Allah (Subhana Wa'Tahala). Yeah happy I addressed it, now y'all can stop showering me with hate comments. It's just an effing book. People that don't comment on this just know it's Haram, it's fiction aka NOT REAL. (Don't accuse me of something if I'm addressing what's correct right underneath it) Muslims that wanna learn about the religion; grab the Quran please. This book doesn't represent Islam, it represents Muslims nowadays.)