CH 3: His car, place and girl?

Guys I'm so sorry, I didn't like my first version of this chapter and I just didn't know how to improve it but anyway...
I'm pretty happy with this version now.

And it's a long one..

Thank you for the support & enjoy 💋

~~~~~~~~~~

Aliah's POV

"Alaih, I want you to call mister Vermicelli and tell him I expect him in an hour." It's been a week now since he forced me to become his assistant and he still couldn't pronounce my name right?

"It's Ali-ah, apparently that's too hard for you", I responded annoyed. If he can annoy me, I'll return the favor.

"Just do it ALA-IH", he said and walked away. This guy, seriously.

I was looking for mister Vermicelli's phone number in our database and called him to let him know that Harris expects him in one hour.

Harris' POV

I got back into my office after I asked Aliah to call mister Vermicelli. I did some paperwork before one of our biggest clients would arrive. He orders a lot of clothes from my company for his shops all around the world, so we can't lose him as a client.

*An hour later*

*knockknock*

"Come in!" I shouted.

I saw Aliah's little head pop through the door to announce that mister Vermicelli was here.

"Let him in," I said with a straight face.

She nodded and opened the door.

I stood up and welcomed him by shaking his hand. I noticed that he gave Aliah a dirty look as if he didn't like her.

After an hour talk, Aliah came in asking if we wanted something to drink.

"Just a water for me Aliah, thank you", I responded, "What do you want mister Vermicelli?" I asked.

"I'm good," he said coldly.

Aliah left the office and we continued our talk until mister Vermicelli jumped to another subject.

"So, is she your assistant?" He said 'she' as it was a dirty word.

"Yeah, why?" I asked curiously.

"It's just, why do you take a Muslim girl as your assistant? That other girl, what's her name.. Evelyn, was fine."

"With all due respect sir, but it isn't your business who I take as an assistant." Who does this guy think he is? Now I know why he was looking at her like she was trash.

"Well, Actually as I client I do," he said raising his eyebrows.

I clenched my hands under the table trying hard to remain calm. Nobody and I repeat NOBODY tells me who to hire at MY company.

Aliah's POV

Okay, that guy obviously hates me. I took Harris' water from the canteen and knocked on the door waiting until I got the permission to get in.

"Come in." I heard and with that, I entered the room.

"Here you go sir", I said politely placing the glass on his desk. But in some way I placed it too close to the border of the desk, the glass fell and the water poured over his thighs.

"Omg I-I'm so sorry", I said. Of course something like this happens to me again. I took a tissue and cleaned his pants.

"Just go Aliah, it's fine", Harris said and I did what he demanded me to do. Why am I so clumsy? Ya Allah!