CH 6: His past

Harris's POV

*A few days earlier*

I was in my office at home, working on some stuff. I wasn't in the mood to go to work because me and Hannah Got into a fight yesterday. It was just about some silly stuff and she would come over today to 'make it up'. I actually really cared about her after...

Someone gently knocked on the front door pulling me out of my thoughts. I stood up and threw, without hesitation, the door open. It was Hannah, she walked in without greeting me and sat down on the sofa. Yup, she was still mad.

"You're being dumb Hannah." I said, annoyed about her behavior.

"I AM being dumb?! I'm not the one taking girls out for dinner!" She screeched.

"For God's sake, she is one of my employees. I just took her out for food!" What is she thinking? Aliah and I? Yeah right..

"You're not being that close to other employees and by the way, why would you even spend time with her kind?!"

"Her kind? What kind of person are you?!" I said taking a few steps closer to her.

"It's just, boo you're practically cheating on me.. Something you promised not to do.." She whined.

"Seriously?! I'm not cheating on you! But whatever, leave, we're done!" I yelled, pointing towards the door.

She turned around and walked back to where she came from.

"Whatever jerk, I hope you follow your dead hoe soon." She said, her voice more quiet than before.

I grabbed her arm and made her stop.

"What did you call my fiancé?!" I was grabbing her more tightly. She needed to control her mouth more. She knew how sensitive I was when talking about Flora. Flora was my fiancé, she died due to a car accident. She was the best and worst thing that ever happened to me, worst thing was when they took her away from me.

I let go of her arm and tried to control my anger.

"OUT!" I shouted. She left and closed the door behind her so hard that it made the whole flat move.

I let myself fall on the ground with Flora on my mind.

Flora saved me. Flora is the one that taught me so much. How to respect other skin colored people and how to respect people with different religions. She is the reason for the person I am today even though she can't see who I've become. I made some bad decisions a few months after Flora's death. Just to get rid of the pain, I slept with every person in my company. I wanted to forget her but that was impossible.. I gave up after 2 years and that's when I met Hannah. Who I thought was the second Flora... Man, I was soo wrong.

Something Flora said on her last day stuck with me the first few months after she died. Tears streaming down my cheeks just thinking about her. I stood up and took a picture out of my wallet. I looked at it and just kept crying. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever met. Even her personality was amazing. She wouldn't care about money, she would go to work every single day even though I was rich. She didn't want my money, she wanted her own. She was kind, caring, humble and loving. And Aliah reminded me of her, everytime I was with her, I felt Flora being back with me. I was afraid to fall for someone again after Flora, I was determined to keep my promise.

*Flashback*

"Honey, wait. I'll grab it for you." Flora said running into our bedroom.

She put the tie around my neck and tied it for me. She gave me a kiss after she was done and grabbed her own stuff to get to work.

"Wait, can't I get more than that?" I asked grabbing her by her waist.

She turned back around to face me and kissed me again but this time more intensively and longer. She stopped kissing and looked at me a few seconds before saying anything.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I said back.

"Promise me something Harris" She said.

"Anything" I responded.

"Promise me that you will always be with me, that you will never touch another girl and that we will get old together and you will never replace me."

"I promise love." I smiled and kissed her again.

"Okay, I need to get to work now.. Some of us still have a boss who can easily fire them." Flora said, collecting her stuff.

"Then you can work with me" I advised enthusiastically.

"Sure babe." she responded.

"Anyway, let me take you to work." I suggested.

"No, I'll drive myself." She assured.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't mind taking you." I insisted.

"Yupp." she said kissing me once again and shouted 'I love you' before she left.

How much I was in love with this girl, I can't see a future without her in it.

*End of flashback*

After that, they called me up at work to tell me that Flora had died in a car accident. I can not describe how I felt that day... I felt like I died with her.

I stood up and wiped away all the tears that were still on my cheeks. I put the picture of Flora back in my wallet and decided to take a shower.

I wasn't in the mood to go to work for a few days, Aliah called me a few times to ask where I was but I didn't answer any calls. It wasn't her business where I was.. All my previous assistants didn't care where I was when I disappeared for a couple days but she cared... Why?

...

Today, I decided to go to the office just because I had to catch up on some work. I also just figured out that Aliah walked to work every single day. I thought she took the bus or something.

I called my driver to let him know that he will be picking and bringing her home for the next few weeks. And I already knew that Aliah wasn't going to be happy with that. Like I cared.. I would pick her up today, but that's just because I couldn't let her walk for half an hour.

I was very distant the past few days, distant and cold towards everyone. I didn't care about anyone. And I knew for sure I was going to be distant again today.

...

"Now get to work!" I commanded and stepped into the elevator.

A few tears slipped out of my eyes. The way she spoke back is exactly the way Flora would've reacted. It was unhealthy for me that she reminded me so much of Flora, it was everything but a good decision to make her my assistant. I need to do something about that. I couldn't fire her, I couldn't do that to her. But what I could do was make her quit. That is going to be tough though, I knew her too well. She needed this job badly.

~~~~

Sorry for the late update.

Love ya'll

Xxx

~Edited by R3Hijabi ~