Chapter 4: The More I Know

Start from the beginning

"You knew? Yes, they are. Blood-related siblings even," He told me and I hummed as a response, concentrating back at the Art Club book until I felt like this is the correct book. I got up with the book, but he suddenly said with a lower tone than his usual; a serious tone.

"[Y/N], do you have some time? I need to tell you something."

Okay, that startled me. I sat back knowing thar things will get serious. The Human Biology teacher closed the book he was reading and took his phone from his pocket.

"W-what is it, Professor?" I asked, can't help but my voice was shuttering. He then showed me a text message.

Unknown Number 11:29AM
Kenneth :) This is me, your old friend. I just got out from jail. Missing me?

My eyes widened in shock. "G-got out from... jail?"

"Yes. Do you know who he is? The trauma he gave me years ago?" He took back his phone and looked down. I didn't answer, I didn't need to.

"Can I tell you a story about Frederick and Falhan's pasts? Will you listen?"

I only nodded. He cleared his throat and spoke,

"Frederick was from a very rich family, his dad was a CEO of a successful company, but his mother died after giving birth to him, and his dad hated him," He started and I gasped.

"His father had abused him. He was only a weak little boy who never experienced the outer world and only stayed in his mansion with nobody but his caretaker. He was homeschooled, he wasn't that smart or even strong, he used to be a total coward. He lived like that until one of his elementary years, until his dad remarried a noble woman who already had a son. The son was younger than Frederick, thus becoming his little brother. Unexpected to him, this 'son' believed in mystical creatures. He had been searching and searching, but he couldn't feel anything related to mystical creatures he believed to exist. He said, he could feel a different aura coming from Frederick and he believed that Frederick could make him communicate with his illogical beliefs, but Frederick didn't say so, in fact he couldn't sense anything but hate towards him,"

Professor Kenneth paused.

"Entering highschool, he had changed his image, the image he had now was from his highschool years," He paused again, taking a deep breath.

"Andsomeonebombedhishouse," Professor Kenneth said in a breath, which I couldn't listen clearly.

"I'm sorry, what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Don't make me repeat myself," He said, "Someone bombed his house when he stayed in the dorm of his highschool. He lost all of his family."

I gasped and my eyes almost popped up. I covered my mouth with both my hands, feeling pity and sad for my P.E. teacher. I never knew that he would had such terrifying past.

"S-so, what happened next? What about his dad's company? What about his... family?" I asked with a soft voice.

"To the point: Frederick is absent because he's going to success his father's company and he couldn't help it but follow the orders given to him. If the company is going to bankrupt, it would be such a shame and waste. I'm afraid he might need to quit his job in a month after he graduated University, because he was scheduled to be the heir of the company afterwards."

There was silence filling the room, until Sir Carrick approached us quietly and sat beside me. Seems like he understood the moment as he stayed quiet.

"So," I broke the silence, "What does this have to do with the text?"

Sir Carrick answered simply, "Kenneth was raped."

=================

VERY LATE UPDATE. Sorry y'all ;;

The song I'm listening now is "Fool" and the lyric goes like, "I was a fool," and it fits me for updating late ;;
But at least i updated, right? Haha /slapped

Instagram: nathannia.cs (old) c._nathania (new)
Google+: Nathania 娜大雅
Twitter: Nathannia.CS
Tap: nathannia07

Btw, do you like the WS aesthetics??? Do you?????? *insert RapMon's "Do You?" here*

Please consider giving votes and comments if you like the story! Check out Student Book 1 for detailed explanations regarding the story!

See you in the next chapter~