▲23△

"I can say with great certainty that I did not know what love was until I knew what love was not." - P.T. Berky
-------------------------------------------------------
Jorden's POV
"You sure you don't wanna be at the hospital with the team?" Brendan asks and I shake my head.

"I couldn't care less about that team. I was concerned when Shanna was involved and now that she's washed her hands of the situation, so have I." I reply and he nods.

"Did you talk to Cameron while you were at the hospital?" He asks and I sigh.

"No, I didn't go anywhere near him. You know I wouldn't. I'll get a restraining order on him if that makes you happy." I say

"Don't get sarcastic with me. You were the one sneaking around behind my back." He sasses back and I scoff. 

"Yeah cause ignoring what he does means I'm sneaking around. I'm not dealing with this today Brendan. I don't have it in me." I say pushing him off of my lap before heading upstairs.

I face plant into the bed and let out a tired groan. I end sleeping by myself wishing things were easier.

When I wake up the house is quiet. I go downstairs and find Brendan's mom in the kitchen drinking water for once.

"Hey sweetheart." She says

"Hi." I reply and she smiles at the picture of Brendan and I after a game of mine on the fridge.

"You two are so in love it's cute. When it hurts that's when you know it's real." She says and I chuckle.

"Thank you for taking care of him. I'm a mess, I know. After their dad left I didn't even want to live anymore. I've missed out on so much of his life crying over what used to be mine." She says and I give her a hug.

"It's a privilege. You'll never have to thank me for doing it." I reply as she gives me another smile before leaving.

As I start cooking Brendan's favorite, pasta, I hear the front door close and he comes walking in.

"Hey baby." I say and he gives me a small hi in return.

"I'm sorry that I went off on you earlier. There's just so much going on between playoffs and Cameron and David in the hospital and all of this change that's happened in this past month. But I wouldn't be getting through all of this without you. " I apologize

"It's just you've been blowing the whole thing off and it's s big deal to me." He mumbles like a little kid. He's so cute.

"I know this Cameron thing is a big deal to you, but I have a hard time seeing that because it's not to me. I could never love someone the way that I love you. He can try but it won't change a thing cause my favorite part of everyday is coming home to you and your cute giggle and getting to listen to your cute snores at night." I say and he rushes into my arms.

"I love you." He says and I kiss his forehead in reply.

"Let's eat." I say and he nods excitedly before grabbing a plate.

Even when he acts like a total brat I can't help but feel like the luckiest guy on the planet.

I heard a knock at the door and saw that it was Shanna and James.

"Hey! Come in." Brendan said from behind me and we moved back to let them in.

The four of us sat and ate together, laughing about the past, being optimistic about the present and planning big things about the future.

No, this isn't at all how I expected my senior year to go, but I'm thankful to have some of the best people in my life.

I get to truly be myself with them and that's better than anything I could've daydreamed.