▲21△

"Nothing, absolutely nothing can stop me from loving you. Not even your absence.- Steffi"
-------------------------------------------------------
James' POV

"Well you can't really blame him, considering y'all's past. All you can do is assure him." I tell Jorden and he groans again as I change out the plates on the bench press.

"I'd give up football for him in a heartbeat, but Brendan would never forgive me if I did." Jorden gasps as I spot him.

"Then don't. You just have to prove your loyalty." I state again.

"I wish it were as easy as you're putting it." He grumbles and I laugh

"I definitely never said it would be easy infact I'm like 99.9% sure him and Shanna are somewhere right now having a drink and I'm even more sure that she's making your life harder. 'I can't believe he didn't tell you, that's so ridiculous'" I mock my girlfriend and he groans once again when he realizes how right I am.

"No offense but her being able to hear again will be my downfall." He jokes and I laugh

"None taken."
--------------------------------------------------
"Hey baby!" Shanna calls as I walk into my house.

"Hey princess, what did your doctor say?" I ask and she blushes

"That was the most awkward appointment of my life, thank you for leaving me hanging, he said that your theory was indeed true. I'll have some migraines for a while but other then that I should be fine." She tells me and I chuckle, wrapping my arms around her waist as I find her in the kitchen.

"Mmmm your welcome. How was your girl day with Brendan?" I ask and she hits me playfully.

"It wasn't a girl day. It was a let's drink and talk crap about men day." She corrects me

"So a girl day." I re-state and she groans.

"You're impossible."

"Impossibly sexy? Yes I know." I joke

"That doesn't even make sense James."

"I know you are but what am I?" I call back at her as I head upstairs to take a shower. I couldn't ask to have better people in my life.
------------------------------------------------------
"Have you talked to your mother since, you know?" I ask Shanna as we sit tangled up in front of the Tv with takeout on our laps.

"No, we haven't really spoken since I decided to move out. I know it's hard on her, but I was a different person then, I'm a different person now, I just can't be the same little girl she raised." She breathes and I nod.

"I get that. But that's still your mom. You wouldn't have gotten through all of that without her. She's all you had." I defend

"You're right. I just need a bit more time." Shanna concluded, snuggling closer to me, indicating that she was over the topic and I kiss her on the forehead, wrapping my arms tighter around her.

God truly did bless me with her.

"How are Jorden and Brendan?" I ask and she rolls her eyes

"Closeted Robin Hood really did screw things up. It just after what happened in the beginning of the school year, Brendan's just scared of being Jorden's back burner again." She replies and I nod.

"I told Jorden that. He's a semi smart boy. He'll figure it out." I say just as Shanna's phone rings.

"Hello"
"Yeah, were at James's."
"Oh my gosh what?"
"Yeah, yeah we're coming, we're coming. We'll be there." Shanna hangs up the phone and springs up from the couch.

"What's going on?" I ask her jumping up behind her as she starts putting on her shoes.

"David tried to kill himself." She says