▲3△

Heartbreak makes poets of us all- Anonymous
----------------------------------------------
I walk through the hallways as my new ears walks by my side, teaching me the few sign words that I didn't know, that I needed to, so that he wouldn't be spelling everything out. He also speaks or mouths what he's signing so that if I get lost I can read his lips.

I honestly can't believe this. I'm deaf. I can kiss that dance scholarship to the California Institute of the arts goodbye. The one person that I expected to stand by me not only cheated on me, but could care less about my well being. And I'm stuck with the most agitating person in the universe for the rest of the year.

'You okay?' He signs and I nod letting out a sigh that must've been loud cause he laughs and gives me a smile that's not sympathetic, but hopeful.

We get to our first period class, calculus. My teacher gives me a warm smile and says something to the class. I turn to James, but he just shrugs so it must've been about me. I'm guessing the bell rings because everyone finds their seats.

My teacher starts her lesson and I realize why the hospital warned me that math classes would be really hard. I had to look at the board to see what she was doing, but I also needed to look at James to see what she was saying. I was getting more and more frustrated by the moment.

Luckily after a while James said something to the teacher and she would take very brief pauses at specific times so that James could sign to me what she'd said. He also took written notes for me.

I found that this method had continued for our advanced history and our astronomy class.
By the time lunch rolled around six classes later, I was annoyed and frustrated. James and I departed from each other for lunch. I sat by myself since I used to sit with David. Yet, speaking of the devil it wasn't too long before he found his way over to me though.

"Hey." He mouthed and I gave him a forced smile
'I'm really sorry about everything. I feel like it's all my fault.' He wrote down on a piece of paper.
"That's cause it is." I tell him and he rolls his eyes at me
"You didn't have to be so dramatic." He writes in reply
"Dramatic? You cheated on me after eight months." I say
"Oh come on it was just a kiss." He writes
"Is that why she's sitting in my old spot and staring over here?" I say pointing to a pissed looking Tawni
"Or the reason that you haven't talked or checked on me once since you know I got hit by a car."
"What am I supposed to do with a deaf girlfriend?" He mouths and I slap him.

I slap him with all the emotions that I have built up inside of me and I didn't hear it of course but it must've made quite the sound because a majority of the cafeteria turns to look at us. I get up and walk away not wanting to deal with him any longer.

'What did he say?' James signs to me when I approach and I just shook my head crying. He stopped me and hugged me, before signing that he wasn't gonna let him bother me anymore.