▲8△

My heart talks about nothing, but you. - Albert Camus
-------------------------------------------------------
Jorden's POV
It's ten at night and I slowly ease my car in my driveway. I'd stalled as long as I possibly could, but at some point I'd have to face my dad. I even skipped football practice for the first time ever. I cut the engine and lay my head on my steering wheel, taking a big breathe.

"You've got to do this for Brendan." I tell myself before grabbing my backpack and getting out of my car, locking it behind me.

I barely put my key in the door when it flies open. My heart races, but thankfully it's just my mom.

"Honey if I were you I'd go to your room as quietly as you-" She was cut off by my dad coming out of their room and instantly glaring at me

"Come in Jorden." He growls and I slowly walk through the door, shutting it behind me.

"I want you to explain and I want you to explain right now." He scowls and I sigh before starting. Not looking my father in the eye.

"We've somewhat knew each other since we were kids, associates I guess you could say. Freshman year, we got partnered together for biology and we ended up spending a lot of time together, projects, labs, the works and we ended up becoming good friends. Towards the end of freshman year things just got more serious...I don't know. All of that time was a blur, but somewhere in between him telling me that he was gay and him telling me that he loved me, I noticed that I loved the sound of his laugh and that he looked breathe taking when he cried and the color of his eyes and I fell for him too. I don't think I'm gay. I'm not attracted to guys. I'm attracted to Brendan. He just does it for me." I say and my father clenched his jaw.

"Darlin I think-"

"Get out." My dad says interrupting my mom again

"Jack I don't think-" My mom tries again

"I worked so hard to raise this boy as the man and athlete that he is, but I don't know who this little boy is that's standing in front of me so Jorden Blake Michaels you will go to other side of that door until you're ready to be the man that I raised." My father yells and tears well up in my eyes as I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Were you trying to raise a man or were you trying to raise a monster dad?" I ask before scoffing and walking back out my front door. I unlock my car and get in before I let myself break down.

After I've cried all 70% of the water out of my body, I put the key into the ignition and go to the only person who could possibly understand what this feels like. Brendan.
________________________________________
I knock lightly on his door and I hear him call lightly that he'll get it. When he sees me his jaw tightens and he instantly rolls his eyes. I can tell that he's about to shut the door, but stops when he sees my broken person.

"What's wrong?" He asks softly

"I told my dad. I told him everything, I told him about us. I told him how much I loved you and he disowned me." I say as more tears fill my eyes

His arms instantly reach out for me and pull me into him. I rest my head on his shoulder as more sobs rack my body.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you Brendan. That girl doesn't matter, my dad doesn't matter, you're all that matters to me." I sob and he shushes me, rubbing my back

"It's okay love." He says before pulling me in and closing his door.

"If you can deal with my mothers drunken rambling and my older sisters constant PDA with her boyfriend, then you are more than welcome to stay as long as you want too."

"I love you baby boy." I say pulling him close to me again and his sighs and wraps his arms around me.

"I love you too." He says kissing my shoulder

"Now let's get you to bed, you look like you got hit by a bus." He jokes before pulling me up to his room

We climb into his bed and he lays his head on my chest and I wrap my arm around his waist.

My dad hates me, I'll probably get shunned by all of my teammates and lose my first string spot and I'll be the joke of the month but at least I've got him. He makes everything okay for me. I'd go through hell and back for him and then I'd do it again.