▲4△

I mean I hope you're happy, But the sky is still the sky without you, And I'm not surprised by that anymore- Anonymous
----------------------------------------------
My room lights flash dramatically and wake me up from my mid-afternoon nap. Somebody's ringing the doorbell way too much.

I walk downstairs and see my mom very angrily talking to David's mom. Why is she here?

When they noticed my presence they both turn around and give me painted on smiles.

"Hey, honey can we talk too you?" My mom mouths and I nod

"Selena is worried about David's reputation and how this whole situation might look on his college recruitment." My mom mouths

"If you could find it in your heart to forgive David, were willing to work something out financially." Selena mouths just as terribly as her son does and I laugh. I laugh until there's tears in my eyes.

"No wonder your son is a dumb  selfish, spoiled brat." I say before getting up and walking to my kitchen

A few minutes later I feel our front door slam and my mom enters the kitchen as I'm making pasta and starts speaking really fast and I miss all of it and just stare at her when she realizes, she appears to sigh and walk away. I finish my food and start texting James. 

Twenty minutes later I'm showered and dressed and I notice that James is here, because the lights blinked once. When I open the door we start signing as I tell him all that happened this morning. Soon he looks up and puts on a polite smile for my mother and says something to her. He gives her a sympathetic look before pulling me with him out of my front doorway and to his car.

"What did she say?" I sign

"She was commenting on how well we communicated together. She said she misses being able to talk to you." He signs back and I roll my eyes

"Says the women who hasn't even attempted to learn sign." I say

"Hey! Don't discredit your mother. It's hard for hearing people to learn how to sign, I was one of them and you're mother loves you a lot. I can tell ,trust me it's hard for her to see you like this." He mouths and signs and I just nod, surprised by his sudden emotion.

"Why did you reach out to me this morning?" He asks after a while

"I-I don't know you just seem to be the only person that gets me anymore." I say verbally and he smirks

"And to think a while ago we were at each other's throats." He jokes and I laugh as he starts his car and starts driving. I don't question where we are going, anywhere is better than my life right now.

We arrive to an apple orchard just as the sun starts to set and I give James a weird look, but he just signs for me to follow him and so I do.....because he's my ride home. I soon realize that this orchard is huge and goes on and on for miles.

We reach what I'm guessing is the end, but I notice why we seem to be climbing up because we are now at the top of a hill that overlooks are city and as the sun finishes setting the lights turn on one by one.

"This is gorgeous." I say as I sit down and take it all in

"I went through something rough last year and I came up here every single day. It reminded me that I was such a small part of all of this." He signs before spreading out his hands to the view

"It reminded me that this life is temporary and these moments; short lived." He signs and I nod realizing why he brought me here

"Thank you." I sign and he just gives me a small smile in return