Crazy

Kai

These straps. Memories from the warehouse come flashing back. I try to tug out of these straps, do they not see my ankles and wrists swollen and red?

"LET ME OUT!" i shout.

"Kai chill out my dude" Austin sits next to me.

I continue trying to get out of the straps as roughly as i could. I don't wanna be back where i was before... the rope digging into my skin... the beatings, the harsh words, the way they crushed my confidence...

"Let me..." my breathing gets heavier "go!" i clench my teeth together and try pulling up but the pain holds me back, causing me to shout.

"Calm down Kai" the nurse walks in with her hand behind her back.

I give her a death glare as she walks towards me with a little sad smile.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" i close my eyes as i try to pull back...

Then a needle jabs into my skin.

**

I wake up, but don't open my eyes so i hear them talking about me.

"What the hell did they do to him?" i hear dad stressing.

"Lock, we don't know, you need to ask him yourself" Aaron says.

"It's traumatizing him! Whatever they did to him is traumatizing him" dad repeats himself and takes deep breathes.

I realize i'm in the straps and my eyes shoot open as i try to pull out of them. Everyone turns to me with wide eyes and dad runs over to me.

"Dad please... please let me out" i take deep breathes as i put my sweating head down. He sighs and looks at me.

"Don't hurt anyone Kai" he gently takes off the straps on my wrists and ankles. I feel sweat running down my face so i swing my head to the side then put my hand on my face to feel blood.

"Please don't let them put a finger on me again" i sigh.

"I'm so sorry Kai" he closes his eyes.

We sit for 30 minutes then i see Anna's still here. She looks at me with fear and slowly backs up. I just glare at her before closing my eyes.

"You good man?" Austin says in a concerned tone.

I open my eyes, "Yea, thank for you staying here" i look at him.

"Anything for you man... you're my best friend, you've always been there for me since the day we met" a smile creeps on his face.

"I'll always be there for my brother" a smile also creeps on my face.

"You're everything i have Kai, thank you and your family for everything you've done for me" he looks up at everyone whose nodding while smiling.

Austin and I met in pre k, that's all i really explained, but never how we met. I was always alone and nobody wanted to be friends with me because of how scary i was. But the one day i finally bought myself to go to the playground, was the day i met my best friend.