Too Late

Lock

We finish fighting off the men who are now laying on the ground dead like flies, it was a pretty tough fight, but we always manage to get through it all.

"We did good!" Brandon high fives me.

I realize someone's missing then it hits me, Kai!

"WHERE'S KAI?!" I shout.

"He was next to me one minute then gone the next, I expected him to be hiding" Justin clenched his jaw.

"KAI!!" I run around the field shouting his name, so do the guys.

If they took my son so help me I will blow up this whole building and everyone in it! Togo, the leader of this gang, has been searching for Kai since the minute he was born... now that Kai was running off on his own, he could've got him.

I SWEAR IF THEY HAVE HIM!

Kai is a strong capable kid, but this gang is smart but we know all their tricks... not Kai...

"NOTHING!" Aaron shouts.

"MAXIMUS!" I shout and he comes running up to me. "Go search for Kai" I put a little tracking device on his collar in case anything happened. I wish I thought to do that to Kai.

"Let's check inside the warehouse" Brandon runs up to me with the guys behind him.

"Yea, good idea" I run over to the entrance of the warehouse then barge into empty silence.

We walk around cautiously, it's so quiet you can hear a cotton ball fall, and it's empty.

"KAI!" I take a risk and shout.

"KAI DAKOTA ARCHER! YOU BETTER COME OUT RIGHT NOW!!!" Colin shouts nervously.

Nothing.

Kai knows he's in trouble when we say his full name, just like how I was, I was in deep shit when heard Lock William Archer! ...I heard that all the time.

We run into every room in the warehouse, but still nothing.

"No no no no" I pull at the ends of my hair as I stressfully walk around. "NO! KAI!" I shout in rage.

The guys walk up to me with tears in their eyes and stress on their face.

"Nothing" Justin shakes as he tries to hold back his tears.

"We need to go home and try to track him" Brandon nervously tugs at the backpack straps.

Maximus runs up to us while whining.

"Okay" I walk out of the warehouse with so much anger in my body and blood boiling.

We walk in the house with so much power as we pull out the laptops and get our fingers typing as fast they as they could. Butterfly runs down the stairs with a little smile on her face as she walks up to stand next to me.

"Another successful fight?" she kisses my cheek. "Where's Kai at?"

"No" I shake my head and pull it down. The guys look at her with a sad face while Butterfly looks at us in confusion.

"What?" she pulls her eyebrows together with a look of tell me on her face, then her face turns into a blank expression "where is my son?!" she backs up.

"They took him" I try to say without tears falling out, even though I know my eyes are red, but I need to stay strong for my family. Especially Butterfly, she's gonna stress and stress until our son comes home and I don't want that, I need to assure her we're going to find him.