Chapter 38

"You're coming home with me." My mother said.

I turned around to face her.

"I-I can't. I'm not going back to Ohio. That place is just living hell for me." I told her.

"You are coming back to live with me." She stated again.

"C-Can we talk about this upstairs?" I asked while already walking up to my room.

She was following behind me and I shut my door once she was inside.

"I'm glad you already packed your bag." She said, pointing to my packed suitcase.

"I'm not moving back with you. That bag is packed because I'm going to Paris with Marcus tomorrow. This has been planned since my birthday." I told her.

"But we are leaving tomorrow to go back to Ohio."

"I'm not going back to Ohio. Don't you know how awful my life was out there?"

"I wouldn't know because you were always in your room when I was home."

"Because I was cutting my skin away. I will visit you once in awhile, but I'm never living there again." I raised my voice just a bit.

"How many times have you almost died here? Hm? Way more than in Ohio." She yelled.

"I almost died 3 times. 2 of them were my fault. And I don't want to talk about what last happened." I said as tears were starting to form in my eyes.

"How can you think that your life is better out here?"

"Because it is. But you wouldn't know because you just care about Jake and Logan. You never paid attention to my warnings I would give you when I would cut because you would remember something for Jake or you wanted to call Logan because you missed him. You never paid attention. And I know you are going to ask, why I haven't brought it to your attention, and that's because it just makes me sound so selfish. That's why I wanted to come to LA in the first place, so you could miss me. So you would remember something for me. So you would call me and ask me how I was doing here, but you never did. All you ever did was tell Jake to tell me that you said hello. I'm not going to Ohio with you and you won't be hearing from me for a while." I yelled.

"Why won't I be hearing from you?" She asked.

"Because I finally felt happy with my LA family. My new family. And you had to come in and tell me that I am moving in with you."

"If they are your family, who comforted you for your first break up? Who picked you up from friends' houses late at night? Who would go out of their way to go take you somewhere? Have any of them done that?" She yelled.

"You weren't even there for any of my breakups. It was always Jake and Logan there, hugging me until I would fall asleep from crying so much. Jake always picked me up from my friends' houses. Jake would always take me places. And Jake is a main part of this family. He helped create this family. And Logan is still my family. Same with Dad. You are too but that's all you are right now because if you weren't, I would already be ignoring you." I yelled.

"Ignore me all you want because I won't be speaking to you ever again. You'll be the one calling me and wanting to come home but I won't answer. I just wanted you to be safe." She yelled, walking towards the door.

"You know what! Fine! Ignore me. I'll just have your favorite children give you the updates. And they can tell you when I'm getting married. They can tell you when I'm pregnant. They can tell you when your grandchild was born. They can tell you when everything happens, because I won't be calling." I yelled and she walked out of my room.