Chapter 29

I woke up to Marcus not next to me. I sighed, sadly, but then I got up and got dressed. I got dressed in my favorite outfit, which was a white collared shirt with a black sweater on top, my grey jeans, grey heeled boots, my black hat, and topping it off with my glasses. I just adore this outfit so much. I smiled at myself in the mirror before walking out of my room. I went downstairs and saw Marcus and Lucas trying to make breakfast.

"Why does it smell like something is burning?" I asked them.

They began to freak out.

"What do you mean? I don't smell anything." Marcus said, sniffing the air around him, while Lucas was checking the food.

"I don't see anything that is burning." Lucas said.

I laughed at the two and leaned on the counter. Marcus came up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Happy birthday Angel." He whispered.

"Angel, that's a new one. I like it." I smiled up at him and kissed him softly. "Thank you so much. I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed my cheek before walking back to help Lucas.

I sat down on the couch.

"Happy birthday Charlotte." Lucas said.

"Thank you Lucas." I smiled at him.

I turned back around and turned on the TV and just put it on a random channel.

"By the way that was not cool." Marcus said.

"Oh well." I said and continued watching whatever was on the television.

It had something to do with a crime scene which I can be very interested in at times. I guess I was so invested in the show that I didn't hear people running up to me. I felt two pairs of arms hug me and I realized that it was the Martinez twins. They were like my little brothers.

"Happy birthday." Ivan said.

"Yeah, happy birthday savage." Emilio said.

I laughed at their vocabulary.

"Thank you both so much. But again, listen carefully. Don't, learn, english, from, Jake." I said, slowly, to them.

I tell them that everyday because my brother only teaches them words like 'savage' and 'chill'.

"Alright, alright." Ivan laughed.

They both got up and walked in the kitchen. Marcus came over to me and sat next to me while he put his arms around my waist. I smiled and leaned on his chest.

"What do you want to do for today?" He asked me.

"I already told all of you what I want." I said.

"I know, I just thought you would change your mind or have something in mind you would want to do." He said.

I sat up and faced him.

"You know what I really want for my birthday?" I whispered so the others couldn't hear.

"What would that be?"

"A kiss from you." I said, leaning in a bit.

He smirked before closing the gap between us. The kiss was magical, as always. We both didn't want to stop but we both needed some air so he moved back. He put his forehead on mine as we just sat there, collecting our breaths.

"Get a room!" Lucas yelled.

I laughed and got up from the couch. I walked over to the counter and sat on one of the stools.