xxviii

"i never needed you like i do right now..."

rose;
one month. one month full of missed calls and ignored texts. one fucking month without seeing jack, and the boys (besides daniel, of course).

"c'mon rose, please? dani said that jack wasn't going to be there."

you see, brooklyn has been begging me to come hang out with her and the boys at their house for the past half hour. even after repeatedly saying no, she wouldn't give up. "if i say yes will you finally shut up?" i ask. her eyes widen as she furiously shakes her head yes before squealing and running out of my room. i roll my eyes as i change out of my sweatpants and oversized tee and quickly do makeup. "are you about ready?" brooklyn yells, and i can hear her grab her car keys. with a spritz of perfume and quickly fixing my hair, i sigh and grab my phone before walking out towards the front door. as we walk into the car i take a picture and post it on instagram.

imrxse: she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her

seaveydaniel: um hi idk what i'd do without you

username1: who tf hurt you??? wHo hUrT mY qUEen????

imrxse: @username1 hahaha 💗 thank you, but it honestly doesn't matter anymore

we walk into the why don't we house, instantly greeted with the scent of pizza. brooklyn calls for daniel, him soon running towards her and hugging her before moving to hug me. "rose! i can't believe you're here!" corbyn yells, running towards me- also causing the other boys to perk their heads up and run towards me as well, all crushing me in a group hug. i fall on the floor, not that it matters to the four boys on top of me.

"what's going on?"

and there goes my smile. that one voice, person. this one boy who can ruin my day walks in. she said he wouldn't be here. she promised. the four boys get off of me, jonah helping me up. "rose?" jack asks, narrowing his eyes at me in confusion. i look at brooklyn and daniel. they both shrug, mouthing a "sorry". i breathe in heavily, before bluntly speaking. "heyy jack. long time no see, huh?"

and with that i walked off, leaving the group of people as i leave the house and sit in the grass of the back yard.