xxiv// twitter dm's&real life

it's been numerous days since the last time i've seen jack. i've mainly stayed home, only going out for groceries or to take grunt for a walk. daniel and brooklyn have gone out a couple times, and they both seem really happy. but i don't understand why jack would do that. why would he go on a date with me, act all interested in me, then be with a girl the next day? was i not good enough for him?

so here i sit. alone. in my room. on my floor. the door is locked and i have tears streaming down my face, wondering why i'm so hung up on a boy who doesn't even care. he's tried calling me and texting me many times, yet i ignored him. i didn't want to hear his explanation. so i blocked his number. right now, i just need emotional support. and ice cream. lots and lots of ice cream. specifically cookies and cream. but no, brooklyn has to go out and be all lovey dovey and happy with daniel. it's almost as if she doesn't care that i'm hurting. that she only cares about her happiness. i get it, you gotta be happy for yourself. but what about me? i've locked myself in my room for a week and she hasn't even tried to talk to me. so i decide to go out (to get ice cream, of course). i pull my hair up into a messy bun and grab my keys before heading downstairs to my car and out to the nearest target. i was currently wearing sweatpants and a tee shirt (which i'be literally been wearing since the jack incident), looking like an actual dump truck. as i walk into the air conditioned store, i yawn and make a direct line for the frozen aisle. my phone keeps buzzing, so i pull it out from my waistband (which is where i kept it since i have no pockets) and find out what it was. it was a twitter dm from jack.

jackaverymusic: ro, i know you blocked my number 🙄 i need to talk to you

imrxse: it's rose to you. and i don't want to talk to you.

jackaverymusic: please, ro. it's seriously not what you think.

imrxse: again, my name is rose. not ro. you've lost the right to call me that.

and taking me out on a date and then being with another girl the next day is "not what i think"?

jackaverymusic: oh, so i can't hang out with a girl without you assuming i have a thing with her?!

imrxse: that's not what set me off. the way you had your arm around her waist is what set me off. also, just because i've been inactive on social media doesn't mean i don't see all of your posts.

"oh i love you so much baby"

"i'm so glad you're mine"

you had the audacity to do that? when you obviously knew i was hurt?! it was a week after our date, jack. a fucking week.

jackaverymusic: i did absolutely nothing wrong as far as i can see. you don't need to be moping around all day, rose. i don't fucking care.

imrxse: then why did you do it, jack? why?

jackaverymusic: she's better than you. she's prettier. skinner. nicer. she's not a hoe like you.

imrxse: okay, wow. thanks for that. thank you for giving me the closure i needed you fucking twat. go fuck yourself. god bless you :) i hope you step on a motherfucking lego.

and with that, i quickly grab the ice cream carton and go to pay for it. trying my best not to cry.