xiv

"thanks for bringing me home, j."

"of course," he says "thanks for letting me bring you home." i unlock the apartment door, opening it widely to see brooklyn and daniel sitting in the living room. jack and i cautiously walk towards them quietly. the pair still hasn't noticed us, so we decide to scare them. i creep up behind the couch until i'm right behind them. "boo!" i yell, earning a scream from brooklyn as she jumps into daniels lap as he slightly jumps. jack laughs from behind me before walking towards all three of us. he's right next to me, so close that i can hear his breathing.

butterflies.

"hey danny, why are you here?" jack asks, smiling. daniel shrugs and looks at brooklyn. "i dropped the boys off at the house and came back here to get you, but you were late so i hung out with brook." he says, earning a nod from jack and i. i look at brook to see her looking at the floor, blushing. "uh, well you guys should probably get going... it's getting late." i say, looking away from brooklyn and yawning. the boys nod and begin walking towards the door. brook and i follow them there to say goodbye. daniel pulls me into a hug as jack hugs brooklyn, patting her back as he does so. daniel and i separate from our hug so he can hug brooklyn and i, jack. i wrap my arm around jacks neck as he snakes his around my waist. jack lifts me up slightly, nuzzling his face into my short hair. "goodnight ro." he whispers in my ear. i smile slightly and kiss him on the cheek right before we separate from our hug. "text me when you get home safely guys." i smile at them as they exit the apartment.

"so, what's up with you and jack, huh?" brooklyn asks as we sit on the couch, wiggling her eyebrows. i roll my eyes and laugh. "nothing. what's up with you and daniel?" brooklyn rolls her eyes and laughs this time. "i really really like him, ro. but i don't know how he feels about me." she says, looking down at her hands and blushing. i smile at her. "brook, he likes you. trust me." i say, setting my hand on her shoulder as she looks up at me. she smiles and says, "really?" her eyes light up with hope. i nod in assurance, soon followed by my phone dinging.

flapjack
hey, we just got home ☺️

rose 🌹
alright :) glad you got back safe :)

"is that jack?" brook asks, looking at my phone. i nod and turn it off, sighing. "hey, i'm gonna head to bed. see you in the morning?" i say, standing up and stretching. brook smiles and nods before i begin walking to my bedroom. i sit on my bed and plug in my phone right as i get a text from daniel.

dannyboi
hey, can i talk to you??

rose 🌹
yeah, what's up?

dannyboi
i really really like brooklyn... like, a lot. would you be okay if i asked her out?

rose 🌹
oh my god!!!!! of course!!!

dannyboi
okay good bc idk where i'd take her

rose 🌹
you want to go on a date with my best friend and you don't even know where you'd take her?????!

dannyboi
i'm sorry!!!! idk of it should be casual or fancy or lazy or something, okay?

rose 🌹
poor, poor daniel. take her out to dinner, but nothing super fancy. she HATES sushi- with a burning passion :)

dannyboi
:) thanks for the help!!! love you!

rose 🌹
of course, you dork :) love you too!

i laugh to myself as i shut my phone off and crawl under the covers, drifting off to sleep.

well... that happened.
~ sof 🥀