xvii

"thanks for buying us lunch, jack. we really appreciate it."
brooklyn smiles, as we sit down. jack nods in response, shoving a piece of orange chicken in his mouth. "it's no problem. you probably got tired of buying stuff, anyways." he laughs. brooklyn let's out a small chuckle before digging into her shopping bag. she pulls out a knee length light pink dress. it had a lace design, but was a thicker material. the dress was a sweetheart neck, and brought out the blonde portion of her newly done ombré hair. "i really liked this, but i don't know how it would look on me. i didn't want to try it on since i was there alone and didn't have any support." she says, putting the beautiful clothing away. jack scrolls through his phone, not wanting to be part of the conversation since it's "girl talk", as he calls it. "well i think it would look beautiful. especially with your new hair- which you didn't tell me you were getting done!" i say, leaning over the table to her and punching her arm. she fakes a hurt look, acting as if i were that strong. "pshh that didn't even hurt, ro. you can't even open a water bottle." she laughs, causing jack to look up from his phone and look at me wide eyed. "you can't open a water bottle?" he asks me. i nod, laughing. jack rolls his eyes and laughs before continuing to eat his food.

~•time skip•~

we ended up leaving the mall right after we finished eating, since brooklyn said she needed to "start getting ready" at 2:00 pm. her date is at 7:30. jack came home with us, claiming that he didn't want to hang out with the boys since "they're to boring". we're currently all sitting in brooks room, just talking about nothing. jack and i sat on her bed, comfortably close while brook was at her vanity. brooklyn carefully drew a wing on her eyes with the eyeliner pen, her eyes focused on themselves in the mirror. "are you gonna stay or go when brookie leaves for her date with daniel?" i ask him quietly, not wanting to disrupt brooklyn's focus. he shrugs, not knowing. "i don't know. do you want me to stay or go?" jack asks, looking at me. our eyes gaze at eachother for quite a while. his are a deep chocolate color, but lightened a bit. i decide to break away and look at my phone, blushing. "uh, i don't care. you do you boo." i laugh. "oh, so i'm your boo?" jack smirks, laughing at the end and putting his arm around my shoulders. i roll my eyes and smack his chest. "i guess i'll stay. daniel could take me home when he drops brookie back here after their date." he says, shrug. i nod in agreement and lay my head on his shoulder.

~•time skip•~

there's a knock at the door and i quickly run to the door, opening it to see daniel. he stood there nervously, in a tux and holding a bouquet of flowers. "hey dani, brook should be out in a bit- come on inside." i smile at him, moving so he would be able to enter. "uh-um c-can i talk to you?" he asks, nodding his head behind him signaling to talk outside of the apartment. i nod my head and step out, closing the door behind me but making sure it was open enough so that we could go back in. "what's up?" i ask him, knitting my eyebrows together. "what if she doesn't like me? what if she doesn't like the date?" he worries, running his free hand through his hair and sighing. "daniel. she likes you, trust me. she's my best friend- you think she wouldn't tell me if she likes someone?" i laugh at him, causing him to roll his eyes and shake his head. i smile at him and open the door. we both enter the apartment right as brooklyn walks out. daniel's breath hitches as he sees her, and she stops dead in her tracks. the pink dress had fit her perfectly- like i said it would. her hair cascaded down her shoulders in curls, and half was pulled behind her head in a loose ponytail. jack walks in behind brooklyn, looking at daniel and i and mouthing that she needed encouragement. "y-you look beautifuln." daniel manages to stutter out. a blush creeps into brooklyns cheeks, causing me to get giddy. "jack, we should probably leave these two to themselves." i smile, running towards jack and grabbing him before running off to my room. we get into my room and i quickly shut the door, laughing. jack walks towards me and pulls me into a hug, laying his head on mine as i wrap my arms around his torso as his are around my shoulders. i breathe in his scent, he smells of mint (most likely from his gum) and a subtle axe cologne.