iv

with all of us walking up to the entrance of fry's, brook and i each grab a cart. "okay, we're splitting up. me, daniel, and jonah will get all the healthy stuff. rose, jack, zach, and corbyn- you guys get all the unhealthiest stacks you can find." brooklyn says seriously. every one nods at eachother. i jump into our shopping cart and yell, "someone push me! we have to go!" corbyn rolls his eyes and begins pushing me in the cart and towards the left end of the store. "let's start at chips." zach says, running to the chip and cookie aisle. "go faster corbyn! zach beating us!" i whine, corbyn rolling his eyes again before pushing me faster. jack walks a little bit behind us, embarrassed if our child-like behavior. we enter the chip and cookie aisle, meeting up with zach- who has two bags of chips. one barbecue and one chili lime. he throws them at me, laughing. "corbyn you don't push fast enough. zach, push me!" i yell at zach. he nods, pushing corbyn away before pushing me quickly towards the cookies. "ooh! rose get those chips a'hoy at the very top!" zach smiles. i nod and stand in the cart, grabbing the cookies before putting them back in. "i don't wanna take a long time so i'm gonna go grab something a couple aisles over. corbyn, come with me!" zach says, rushing out of the aisle with corbyn soon following. so, i sat there in the cart- all alone. many people passed by me, giving me strange looks. i begin to play with the bags of chips.

"rose, where did zach and corbyn go?"

i turn to see jack. "i honestly have no idea, they left me here about five minutes ago to go get something a couple aisles over." i say bluntly. jack chuckles, rolling his eyes before walking closer to the cart. "they must have gotten distracted." he says. jack begins pushing me in the cart, turning into the next aisle- candy. that's when i spot it. the two aisles down, right in front of us. "quick jack, go to that aisle!" i yell, pointing at it. he rolls his eyes and hesitantly pushes towards the aisle. we're here. the small toy aisle. at the end of the aisle are pool noodles, and i politely ask jack to get me, specifically, a green one. he comes back with a green pool noodle in hand, handing it to me. "what do you need this for?" he asks, his curls falling in his face. i look at him and smirk. in one swift move, i smack his face with the pool noodle. "that's why." i chuckle. he grabs his face where i has slapped him, pouting jokingly. "now, lets go find those traitors so i can smack them."