Chapter 38- One Direction- A Reason To Fight

Start from the beginning

“Um... Yeah,” Zayn said, clearing his throat. “That was...” He trailed off and motioned towards one of the vehicles off to the side which held Mr. X's body in it. “But I can hold onto it.” He held out his hands for the mask.

The fireman shrugged. “Whatever,” He said, giving it to the Bradford boy. “The thing was creepy anyway.”

Zayn turned on his heels and headed back for Niall, turning the mask over and over, looking on the inside and seeing how the light reflected off of it. He briefly thought of putting it over his face, but he didn't want to see the world through that man's eyes.

“What the hell do you got that for?” Niall demanded once he saw what Zayn had.

Zayn stopped in front of the blonde, turning the mask so it was facing himself. He shrugged and looked up at his friend. “I dunno. A souvenir?”

Before Niall could respond, there was a rumble of an engine that would always be familiar. The two lads whipped their head around just as the RV-T pulled up and someone cut off the ignition. The side door slowly opened and Perrie was the first to poke her head out.

“Zayn!” She cried when she saw her fiance standing a few yards away. She rushed out of the RV-T, still in her dress from the night before, and threw herself into his arms.

“Louis!” Zayn heard Eleanor squeal.

“El!” Louis responded.

Zayn hugged Perrie tightly, listening to the other couple behind him celebrate their reunion. Perrie's feet hovered off the ground because Zayn was holding her so close. She buried her face into his neck, crying happy tears. Zayn squeezed his eyes shut, breathing in the scent of her shampoo and remembering how perfectly her body fit against his.

“God,” Zayn whispered in a shaky voice, stroking her hair.

Perrie pulled away to look at him with teary eyes. He set her on the ground, but kept her close to him. Zayn kissed her forehead, holding her face in his hands. His eyes burned with his own tears, but he couldn't bring himself to cry yet. He just didn't have the energy for it.

“God, I'm glad you're ok,” He said before kissing her on the lips quickly.

“Me?” She said when they pulled away. “I didn't know if I would see you in one piece again.”

Just then, movement behind Perrie caught Zayn's eye. Paul and Simon were both stepping out of the RV-T. When they saw Zayn and Niall, the immediately walked towards them, but Simon had his eyes locked on Zayn.

Perrie felt Zayn freeze and followed his gaze behind her. “The boys told Eleanor and I where to find the RV-T,” She explained, turning back to Zayn. “We went back to HQ to get Simon and Paul to help, but somehow the elevator was broken. We just fixed it, but by the time we got here...” She trailed off, looking at the robot behind Zayn.

Zayn hadn't taken his eyes off of Simon as he approached and he stepped away from Perrie. His hand slid down her arm and their fingers laced for a moment, long enough for her to give him a supportive squeeze, and he walked towards the two men.

“Zayn,” Simon said once they were close enough. “You disobeyed every order I gave you last night.”

Zayn lowered his head in shame, knowing he was far past trouble for what he had done. “Sir,” He said in agreement.

“Perrie told me about what you had done. About how Mr. X had taken over your mind. You could have hurt those girls, Zayn. You could have killed them.” Simon didn't raise his voice. He said everything calmly, and Zayn was just waiting for the storm of rage that was sure to come.