IV: ix: Chaser

It was the perfect day for Aurum's first quidditch match. The sky was blue and there wasn't a cloud in sight. It was beautiful.

She stood with the line-up of Slytherins she sort of wished she could avoid. There were Draco, the seeker; Vincent and Gregory, the beaters; Venice Montague(also the captain), herself, and Chase Warrington, the chasers; and Jules Vaisely, the keeper.

Across from them was the Gryffindor team. She was mostly okay with them, in fact, she had started up conversations with Angelina Johnson on occasion. Ronald Weasley, their new keeper, was nice, but she feared his crush on her might get in the way of their game. And though she was fighting with Draco, she still wanted him to beat Harry Potter into the ground. Just Slytherin spirit was all.

Angelina Johnson, Gryffindor's new captain, stepped up to shake hands with their captain, Venice Montague. With that, they were off into the sky.

The match's commentator was Lee Jordan as always. His voice was rather grating, in her opinion, when he started announcing everything. Otherwise, it was fine. He was also always more skewed towards Gryffindor which mildly upset her.

The first point was scored by Venice who made a beeline for Ronald's ring. Fearing getting tackled by the large Montague, Ronald ducked out of the way.

Katie Bell got the next as she had an amazing pitch into Jules' ring.

Aurum got a hold of the quaffle as Gregory sent a bludger Angelina's way. She swooped towards Ronald's ring and was simply allowed through. She looked back confusedly. Ronald just hovered on his broomstick with a red face.

"Weasley! Put up a fight! I don't care if you have a crush on me, you can't just—"

Plummeting towards the ground at a high speed, Aurum had been stung by the force of a bludger from Fred Weasley. She quickly groped around for her broom and hopped on, shooting back into the air right before she hit the ground. She still used her old faithful broom, the Nimbus 2001 that Draco had given her.

"Nice recovery, Creste!" Draco shouted as he chased the snitch.

Even though she was having a spat with him, she took the time to thank him for the compliment.

They won the game thanks to Aurum and Venice getting a few points ahead of Gryffindor despite Harry getting the snitch. The Slytherins celebrated by landing their brooms in front of their stands, bowing to their fellow housemates. Aurum relished in her victory until an odd melody caught her ear.

"Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring,

That's why Slytherins all sing:

Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin

He always lets the Quaffle in

Weasley will make sure we win

Weasley is our King.

Weasley is our King,

He always lets the Quaffle in

Weasley is our King."

Aurum frantically waved her arms at the crowd for them to stop. She cried out against the song but could not get it to stop. She ran in front of her team to do the same the same action, protesting the continuation of the song.

"We won! Okay? It's not right to brag like this." she cried.

Gregory had noticed the first time, hushing for the whole duration of the song. Draco finally noticed her screams above the din of the crowd and ceased, staying silent. He elbowed the conductor of the song, Vincent, who didn't stop since he seemed to be having such a good time. Aurum could tell that Blaise and Pansy were the loudest of the crowd.

"Don't you like the song, Creste? We made it last night for that dumbass that has a crush on you." Vincent smirked at Aurum.

"You're sick, Vincent. I can't believe you'd be so heartless as to say such awful things." Aurum shouted over the raucous noise that could barley be denoted as a song.

"We wanted to include his being a blood traitor, but we settled for him being born in that dirty hovel, you know." Vincent laughed.

Aurum swallowed hard, looking out at the crowd with an intense fury and hatred for the words sung. A few confused first and second years stopped singing, but the fifth and up demographic was so loud, Aurum couldn't hear herself think.

Soon, Anthony approached her and Draco with the rest of the prefects sans Ronald who probably didn't want to show his face. It was rather odd, but Aurum didn't question the fact that Anthony had no other friends besides the other prefects, of whom Padma was his best. Anthony was completely befuddled as to why anybody would be singing the song as were the others. Momentarily he attempted to ignore it in favor of focusing on his girlfriend.

"Are you guys coming to the pool party later?" Anthony asked Aurum. He quickly noticed her anger, looked out at the crowd, and then focused his sights on the team. "Hey, what's going on here?" He marched up to Vincent, staring him down.

"Calm the hell down, Goldstein, we're just bloody celebrating Slytherin's victory." Vincent crossed his arms, peering into Anthony's eyes as if he could get the older boy to back off.

Anthony grabbed his wand from beneath his robes, pointing it at no one in particular. "I want this stopped. As a prefect, I cannot allow you to openly mock and bully another student."

"I'll do as I damn please." Vincent swiftly ignored him, turning back to the crowd and continuing his conducting. He held up a reverse victory sign to Anthony, making the Ravenclaw's face to become redder than Gryffindor's house flag.

"Stand down, Crabbe." Ernie Macmillan demanded, waving his wand around like he was an extremely experienced wizard. It seemed as though Vincent could not hear him, so he fired an expelliarmus which sent Vincent's wand sinking down to the bottom of the quidditch grounds.

Vincent charged at the meek Hufflepuff with a fury like no other. He tackled him to the ground, fighting like a muggle. Anthony and Draco struggled, but finally managed to pull the abhorrent Slytherin off of Ernie. The two left him as the audience dispersed around him.

"I'll not forget this, Goldstein!" Vincent called out as other Slytherins walked around him to get back to their dorms. Gregory was the only one who stayed behind to help him to his feet. "Fuck," Vincent cursed somberly.