I: iii: Sister

Peeking out from in the shadows, Aurum witnessed a scene not for her ears. Her grandmother and elder brother were fighting. Over what she hadn't been previously privy, but now she began to saw the fuel of the flames between the two bursting and erupting into anger and hatred from deep within their souls. It was scary, and yet marvelous.

"You ignorant fool! Look at what you've done now! You've killed her bird!" their grandmother screeched, pointing to a dead bird. "I send you to Durmstrang for you to safely practice dark magic at school! I will not have you preform that kind any longer in this household!"

Argentum struggled to respond. He clenched his fists and cried. Aurum did the same, reacting to the death of her bird. The white-haired boy knelt down at the coffee table and picked up its small head. It was singed horribly. It almost appeared like a phoenix.

"I didn't mean to." Argentum wept, his back turned to Aurum, who, quite frankly, wanted to turn her back to his.

"I know you didn't; you meant to hit me. Now I will not have these outbursts, Argentum Rubel Creste. One more slip and you're going to a therapist. I mean it this time." their grandmother warned. "I'm going to get her a fish. It'll be protected in its bowl. You will be delivering the news."

In an instant, their grandmother was gone. She had apparated out of the house. Aurum would have that ability in five years, Argentum in three.

Argentum stamped his foot in rage and kicked the coffee table over, smashing the glass within it. Realizing he broke it, he turned back to the table and repaired it, whispering, "Reparo."

Aurum stepped out from behind the wall. She smiled weakly and stood in front of her seething brother.

"You don't need to deliver the news," Aurum said quietly.

"How long have you been standing there?" he asked slowly, already at the peak of his blood pressure rising.

"Heard the whole thing." Aurum admitted. "Dragon's not- he's not coming back, is he?"

"Of course not! He's ashes on the floor!" Argentum yelled. Then, realizing his mistake of lashing out onto his little sister, he knelt down and wrapped his arms around her.

"Why do you take your anger out on me?"

Argentum's eyes widened. He squinted, cringing from the tears slipping down his hot cheeks. "I'm sorry, but I love you," he said. "I just want the best for you. You need a shell. You're going to be hurt, and I'd rather it be me than some other man."

Aurum nodded as much as she could against her brother's chest.

"You don't think I'm a monster, do you?" she asked. "Werewolves are monsters."

"You're a monster, but you're a beautiful monster." Argentum answered as if stating the obvious. "If any man can't see that, they're not worth having."

"Stop talking like that." Aurum squirmed away from her brother. "I want my old angry brother back." she huffed. "Enough of this advice. You're not supposed to give me your advice. You can't even get a girlfriend anyway."

"Go to your room or I'll put the Cruciatus Curse on you!" he boomed, suddenly standing over her.

Aurum screamed playfully and ran off. Argentum stood solemnly in the living room, sighing over the destruction caused in just this very room.