I: ii: Neighbor

Aurum giggled underneath her sheets. Holding them up was hers and Gregory Goyle's heads. A flashlight was there to light everything up.

"This really takes me back to our younger days." Aurum snorted, laughing. "I can't believe we're having this kind of sleepover."

"We've already made our pillow fort and watched scary movies with popcorn, so telling spooky stories is the only thing left. Besides, you talk like we're thirty." Gregory rolled his eyes.

"I wouldn't mind doing this when we're thirty." Aurum shrugged.

"We will if you'd really want to."

"I'd really like to."

Gregory held out his hands and snarled, attempting to scare Aurum, but only ended up making her laugh, causing him to follow suit.

Gregory became serious again and held the flashlight to his face. "I've heard that there's a monster in the bathrooms in Hogwarts. It was brought in by Salazar Slytherin who hates muggle-borns!"

"Dun dun dun." Aurum giggled.

"I'm trying to tell a serious story, Aura! Listen! Salazar brought in a monster to kill muggle-borns and every fifty years a descendant comes to take control of the monster. I heard that last time, a man actually succeeded in killing a girl on the toilet. Now, she haunts the bathroom. This year marks another fifty years..."

"This isn't real, is it?" Aurum shrunk under the sheets. Gregory grabbed her arms to keep her from leaning completely back and destroying their sheet fort.

"If it was, I wouldn't let it get you. You're my best friend, Aura."