III: vi: Not the Object of Attention

Sometimes, Argentum was a mess. Other times he was a jerk. Now, standing in the Champions' tent awaiting his challenge with the Chinese Fireball, he was a narcissist.

In his protective tank, Argentum flexed his biceps(which weren't all there), and showed off his pearly whites(which held a yellow tinge). Rita Skeeter and her cameraman ate it all up of course.

"Yeah, I've handled loads of dragons in Durmstrang before. They're super cool, but if you get used to them, they're kind of like overgrown cats." Argentum made use of his silver tongue which rolled words off like song lyrics.

"Tell me about one of your experiences." Rita pursued the topic.

"Okay, so there was this huge dragon, it was a Golden Galloper, and like, we got to take care of them with a partner each so I had to feed, bathe, and pet it. All by myself, too. My partner was sick." Argentum nodded as he bit his cheeks. At this, Aurum was cut up as she sat in the back with Harry, laughing like it was a stand-up comedy routine.

Quill, who was sitting on the bed behind him looked up at the white-haired boy inquisitively. He blushed profusely as he rebutted, "Argentum, I was your partner. You're allergic to dragons so you festered up with the pox and I had to take over complete control of the dragon." Suddenly, he grinned widely. "I love dragons. I'd love to do this. They're such babies." he ducked his head in embarrassment.

This time, Aurum and Harry both laughed extremely loudly. Argentum swung his head in their direction and his cheeks flamed a deep red.

"Is what he's saying true?" Rita asked. By her tone, it was obvious she didn't believe Quill.

"No, of course not. I've known Quill all my life. He's a pathological liar. He can't help it. I did it all myself, I swear," Argentum said between his teeth to Quill who backed off quick and meek-like.

Aurum sighed, tired from laughing so hard at her older brother. She looked over at the boy sitting beside her with a dreamy expression. "Quilliam is so cute." she sighed again, this time for effect.

"He's very much like myself in terms of build and hairstyle." Harry noted. "So he's okay, I guess."

Aurum nodded. "He's more than okay, he's a hunk."

"Not sure if I'd describe him that way." Harry shrugged. "He's scrawny and seems kind of like a wimp."

"He's smart as a tack though, according to Argen. So he's got that going for him." Aurum wiggled her eyebrows.

"Whatever you say." Harry chuckled.

Aurum huffed quietly. She failed her mission to make Harry jealous. She'd have to try at a later date. Or maybe...

"I think he likes me." Aurum burst out. By this time the boy had departed for the Slytherin dungeons and Argentum had gone out to face off against the Chinese Fireball. Only Harry, Cedric, and Fleur remained in the room besides she.

"Good for you." Harry smiled sincerely.

Aurum screamed on the inside.

Just a few minutes later, her brother was rushed back into the tent. He had bumps and warts, the sizes ranging from golf to tennis balls. He was red and puffy all over, not to mentioned paralyzed neck down.

Aurum and Harry hied to his bedside, the former screaming for fear he might die. "Argen! I thought you weren't allergic!" Aurum whined.

"I thought so too." Argentum coughed hard. He laid his head the other way, trying to rest as the paramedics did all they could to arrange a way for him to heal.

Aurum laid on a bed beside his and Harry sat on the side. Both stared at Argentum with wide eyes, wondering if he'd be okay. The medics assured them he would be. Eventually, everyone left, including Harry.

When they were gone, Argentum rose quickly, startling Aurum. With a wave of his wand, all of the pox was gone.

"That spell made it really hard to talk." Argentum massaged his jaw.

Aurum hopped off of her bed and stared, appalled. She barely made a sound against the crowd roaring for Harry. She shook her head and laid against the bed.

"You cheated."

"I forfeited. Things got too real. I was literally in the dragon's maw."

"You weaseled your way out of the match!" Aurum raised her voice and pointed outside the tent.

"We both know I didn't want to sign up, Aurum. You know me. I thought that if I signed up, it'd make me look good. It's too much trouble." Argentum waved his hands. "Anyway, this'll be over before the next challenge, so hopefully that one will be better."

"You suck."

"You blow."