I: iv: New Friend

"Why do I have to go?" Argentum groaned at the ceiling. "Diagon Alley is filled to the brim with weirdos."

His grandmother pulled and tugged at his bow tie, attempting to straighten it. She licked her palm and slicked his stark white hair back. She pinched his cheeks and patted him on the shoulder, departing as she said, "Because you're a horrible brother who needs to be there for his sister."

Argentum shrugged. He couldn't really argue with that. He turned to Aurum and awkwardly gave a toothy smile.

Aurum was dressed in her finest short-sleeved champagne dress with frills on the neck and ends. It once belonged to her mother. Between two frills, it had a beautiful gold oval encased in silver and surrounded by a pearl necklace.

"Well, lets go!" Aurum tugged on her brother's sleeve. She pulled for him to come with her to the fireplace as they were traveling by the floo network.

"If we're going to go, we're going to Knockturn first," Argentum said.

The two stepped into the large brick fireplace with Argentum holding the green powder known as floo. He threw it down, whispering, "Borgin and Burkes."

In an instant, they were teleported into a dark and dusty room. Aurum coughed loudly stepping out. The whole place was filled with mysterious and creepy artifacts which made her wish she stayed home. There were things like disembodied limbs, bones, spooky antiques, and horrible-looking furniture.

Argentum snatched Aurum's hand and led her through the scary store. She looked at everything, scared and intrigued at the same time. What made her stop her brother though, was another boy her age standing by a wardrobe.

Argentum turned sharply. "What's wrong with you?" he asked.

"There's a boy over there. He's my age, I think. Can you go handle your business and let me talk to him?" Aurum asked. Argentum nodded and she dashed off.

"Don't get an MTD!" Argentum called, but Aurum didn't hear.

The boy in question had platinum blond hair and icy grey eyes. He was tall and pale with a very slender, almost sickly build. But, his hair fell a certain way, and his eyes shone like the stars.

Aurum sidled towards the boy with a severed hand held in his palms. For a split second, she thought about how he would react to her. She was a quart-blood after all. Plus, she was a werewolf as she just found out. Well, it wouldn't be so bad if she just kept it to herself. So, she yelled out a hearty "Halloa" to him. His head whipped up towards her, away from the object of his attention.

"Hello. And you are?" he asked with a sense of being upper-crust. Aurum melted over his tone.

"My name's Aurum Creste, what's yours? I'm going to Hogwarts this year, are you?"

"Oh, a first year?"

"No, I wasn't allowed to go my first year because an accident happened on the train." Aurum admitted shyly.

"You must be a first year. I don't remember anything happening."

"Maybe you were obliviated. Gramma says aurors do it when bad things happen."

"Perhaps. What house do you belong to? I'm a Slytherin, and I don't associate with Gryffindors, by the way."

"Slytherin." Aurum replied, slightly bouncing. "So we'll definitely be seeing each other! If only I could just get your name," she said, sighing.

The boy extended his hand. Aurum took it. "Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. I'm shopping around for school supplies if you'd like to come with." Draco eyed the front desk. Aurum turned to it as well. Argentum was arguing with the shop owner. "It appears that my father is held up right now, I'm sure we could slip away."