I: x: Dangerous

This is your worst idea yet." Snape drawled.

"I just want to test it. Besides, it's not like anyone'll be in danger." Aurum shrugged.

"You might hurt yourself."

"I know, but I think it would be a cool thing if I found out that having pets near you as you turn, you won't harm anything; even yourself."

"You could be expelled if anything is to happen. Even to yourself," Snape said.

"I think I'll be fine, Professor, but thank you for your concern. I'll just be going now. Wouldn't want anything to happen on the way there." Aurum smiled.

Walking through the corridor with her chick who was found to be a rooster as it was growing a large ruby crest, Dragon, Aurum did worry over whether or not anything would happen. She tried to convince herself that everything would be aright and she would make a new breakthrough in lycanthropy.

Professor McGonagall was at the back door to greet her. Her jovial expression turned to confusion when she saw Aurum's chicken.

"Ms. Creste, I'm unsure if I should question this." McGonagall muttered.

"It's okay, Professor! This is just my pet chicken."

McGonagall was silent. "I see that," she said. After staring at the girl and giving an awkward cough. "Be careful, Ms. Creste, I believe someone has been trying to follow you for the past months."

"Okay, Professor. I'll be sure to be on the lookout."

The professor hurried Aurum out of the castle and the blonde was on her way.

The full moon was rising in the cloudy April sky. The grass was wet with fresh rain and hushed the steps of any passersby. Aurum's chicken clucked noisily, easily revealing her position to any potential followers. Though, she didn't think anyone would want to follow here. There was no purpose in it. She was only a girl diagnosed with Lycanthropy.

The Whomping Willow towered over the blonde, rocking back and forth. Aurum drew out her wand, saying, "Leviosa," and drew up a rock to press against a specific branch on the tree. It stopped its motion, allowing her to get closer.

Beneath the roots was a small hole which Aurum threw her chicken into. It clucked madly and scampered further in. She followed suit until she caught up with the bird and held it in her arms once more. She crouched down deeper into the hole until she found the door and went through it.

Inside held a house. It was small and it was labeled the Shrieking Shack. It was used for students burdened with Lycanthropy, and was absolutely not haunted as it was rumored. The house had a kitchen, a living room, a couple bathrooms, and a couple bedrooms. It was home away from Hogwarts for her. Sometimes she skipped school in here, admittedly feigning a bout of Howling Syndrome or Furniture Scratching. The house was her perfect getaway.

Up the stairs, Aurum laid her chicken down on the bed in the room she claimed. The room was very broken and rundown. There was a barely functioning piano, a four-poster bed, a large stand-up mirror, and a wardrobe. The most peculiar object was a picture frame of four people, one of whom looked like Harry except for the eyes.

A door slamming alarmed Aurum. Her heart froze and it felt as if it was in her throat. She could hear it beating in her ears. Her pale face grew even whiter as she realized the meaning of the sound. Tiptoeing in her flat heels, she made her way to the top of the stairs where her heart was taken out and shattered.

"What are you doing here?" Aurum screamed, having a complete meltdown. Her whole educational Hogwarts relied on her being alone. Now she was regretting not telling anybody.

"I knew you were hiding something!" Draco screeched, tears streaming down his red face. "Why do you keep lying to me?"

"I'm not lying! I'm just trying to protect you!"

"From what?" Draco yelled.

"From me." Aurum answered. "Please... just leave."

"No! I want answers! Why do you have to protect me from yourself? Why did you tell Goyle and not me? I don't understand."

"Just go! I can't have anything happen to you!"

"It's you isn't it!" he pointed at her accusingly. "You're the Heir of Slytherin! That's why you've been sneaking around! That's why you've been so secretive! You want to kill off mud—muggle-borns because you want to take the suspicion off yourself! I bet you were going to go after me!"

All Aurum could squeak out was "No, no, no..." as she sobbed as a ball on the floor. Her heart was torn into pieces and scattered across the floor. She opened her eyes to the realization that the moonlight was shining through the curtains on the floor. She rose involuntary.

"Go! Now!" she croaked, fighting against the inward growling. She slammed against the window and forcefully ripped the curtains off their hangers. The full moon bathed her in its light.

Draco cursed under his breath seeing his mistake. He ran up the stairs. "I'm sorry, I didn't understand."

Aurum suddenly whipped around, halfway through her wolfy transformation. She pushed him down the stairs.

"I told you to leave!" she slipped into a howl as her transformation completed and she became a werewolf.

Draco massaged his bleeding leg. He obviously hit something on his fall down. He looked up at the wolf closing in on him. It had a shorter muzzle and a tufted tail. The wolf also had Aurum's brown eyes that twinkled yellow.

Before it could leap upon him, he scrambled for the door behind him and opened it, slamming it on the wolf. He limped back towards the castle.