IV: vii: A Slightly Worried Girlfriend

"Surprised the 'High Inquisitor' didn't ban Hogsmeade too." Anthony shoved his hands in his jacket pockets with a force unlike anything Aurum had seen.

Aurum smirked at Anthony. He seemed so calm and collected up until now, but even in his rage, he still knew how to contain his anger. He was like a more mature Harry. The Gryffindor would have probably ruffled the snowflakes out of his hair and kicked some black ice. The Ravenclaw stared ahead coolly and glanced down to admire Aurum.

She admired him, too. He was dressed in a jacket that looked like it came right out of the eighties. It had an 'R' on it with an eagle coming out of it, just like every muggle college jacket Aurum had ever seen. He wore the matching cream pants, too. To top off his swerving golden hair was a navy and bronze beanie. Even though he was rightfully ticked off today, his dimples still lit the corner of his cheeks. He took it all in stride. There was always something good in the bad to him.

"Hey, kid, the Slytherin-Gryffindor game is tomorrow night. Shame Ravenclaw hasn't gotten to practice." Anthony sighed. "Well, at least I'm not on the team. But, you're on Slytherin's, and I bet you can't guess who's going to come to your game." Anthony nudged Aurum with a more bro-like shove than a gentle push. She didn't mind this, she did it back. He leaned down and kissed her. It wasn't her first from him.

"Hey, Tony, you don't think she'll see us here, do you?" Aurum asked, suddenly scared. She tensed up and massaged her hand.

Anthony put his arm around her protectively. He pulled her towards his chest. "If she does, I'll pop 'er in the kneecaps with my Louisville slugger." Anthony beamed down at Aurum. He knew she loved when he over-exaggerated his New Yorkian accent. When he did so, her face scrunched up in just one big smile.

"I wish she just kept it at detentions. If she didn't target me with the banning of going near the Whomping Willow, I'd be extremely grateful." Aurum complained because she knew Anthony would just complain right with her. It was almost like dating Harry and Draco at the same time. Everything she thought was good and cute about Harry plus everything that made Draco her best friend.

"Man! I know! It makes me so mad when people are picked on for being different." Anthony groaned up at the sky. Back down to earth, he studied Aurum's chocolate eyes with his emerald. "You know people used to pick on me for my accent?"

Aurum was actually shocked. She buried her head in his chest, laughing.

"It's true, I swear!" Anthony was taken aback that she didn't believe him. He gestured to the rest of the world, looking at anyone who passed as if he was checking to see if they believed him. His dimples shone in the sunlight when Aurum looked back up at him. They kissed again.

With their fingers carefully and designedly entwined, Anthony and Aurum padded through the snow towards their definition of a date: where Anthony worked, The Three Broomsticks, or as he called it simply, Threeb.

Right next door was The Hog's Head, and there was a line to get in. Anthony stood on a small rock, and cupped his hands over his mouth, shouting, "Hey guys! Hog's Head sucks! And I'm not just saying that because I work at Threeb! Take my advice! Their butterbeer tastes like occamy, and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to taste like occamy!"

Aurum snickered, sitting in the snow next to him, her back to the line. She ran a hand through her hair. What did she do to deserve a guy like Anthony? The Ravenclaw interrupted her thoughts by extending a hand. He pulled her up and brushed the snow off of her skirt without necessarily gazing at it.

"Maybe we should go see what's attracting everybody to the competition?" Aurum suggested.

Anthony groaned. "Yeah, but we need paper and a quill. I have to take notes, report to my boss." he joked, grinning.