Mate you okay? | Jack Duff

For ChoingPalmo

"Promise you won't forget me?"
"Never, babe, I could never forget you"
"Good. I don't want you to leave"
"It won't be forever. I want this. I need this"
"Okay. I'll be right here when you get back"
"I love you"
"I love you too. Bye Jack"
"Bye"

And I watch my best friend step on the plane, leaving me and the rest of his past behind.

It's been almost nine months. Jack got into the band. Started his proper career. I've not heard from him since that day and I can't help but wish he would come back. So I bought myself a ticket to his boyband's tour. 'Misstaken EP Tour' whatever on earth that is.

Today is the day. What if he doesn't remember me? My heart would break. Maybe seeing him again was a bad idea, especially at his concert. But I'd love to see him again. I'm desperate to hold him in my arms again. He needed to join the band, now I need him.

I find myself driving to the venue around ten minutes before it starts. At first I'm shocked at the endless line of teenage girls in his merchandise and talking about him like he's the best thing that's ever happened to them. I can relate on a level. He was the best thing in my life before he left.

"Who's your favourite?" The little girl in the queue asks me, looking up at me with a sparkle in her beautiful eyes.

"Jack" I smile, "What about yours?"

"Andy! He proposed to me last tour, look!" She holds her hand up to my face and I crouch down to look at the little silver ring on her finger.

"It's beautiful! What's your name?"
"Bella!"
"Well Bella, that is a very beautiful name. And you must suit Andy very well. Am I invited to the wedding?"
"Yes! You can be the bridesmaid and dance with Jack"
"How lovely! Look, we're about to go inside. I think your mum would like you to go over to her now"
"Bye bye!" She runs off back to her mother, a huge grin stuck on my face.

Once I get inside the venue I go and stand around the middle. I don't want to get shoved about by all the fans so I place my bag in front of my feet to give me a little bit of room.

Then he comes on. Jack. He spots my right away, his shocked expression on his face obvious.

"Mate you okay?" His brunette bandmate asks him.

"Yeah fine" he whispers.

Half way through the set I get a tap on the shoulder. A security guard stands there looking extremely unimpressed and I give him a sweet smile.

"Miss, you need to come with me"
"Okay?"

He takes me out into the corridor and smiles.

"Sorry for looking moody, I had to make out like you'd done something wrong so the fans don't suspect anything. Jack asked for me to take you backstage, told me you're an old friend"
"I guess you could call us that. He hasn't talked to me once since he got into the band. I don't even know why I came"
"I feel you. Anyway, just wait in here until their set is finished. If you don't want to stay feel free to go home. But Jack looked happy to see you here"
"Thank you"

I wait for a while. People come in and out to introduce themselves while I sit on the corner of the comfy sofas.

"Y/n?" The Irish voice I've known my whole life hits my ears.

"Jack!"

He runs over to me, wrapping his arms tightly around me. How I've missed this.

"I've missed you so much Jack"
"I've missed you too. It's a complete surprise seeing you here today"
"I thought I'd come along. I haven't seen or heard from you in mine months"
"I got a new phone number, and every time I went to DM you I never knew what to say. I'm so sorry y/n"
"It's okay Jack, I'm just glad I'm back with you now"
"Actually, I need to ask you something"
"Anything"
"Will you be my girlfriend? I understand if it's too soon. I know I've been the worst person ever for not talking to you. I just-"
"Of course Jack! You don't know how long I've waited for you to ask me that"

He hugs me again, this time picking me up and kissing me. The kiss I've waited for my whole life.

•••

I'm sorry I haven't updated for a couple days I've been quite busy finishing things up for my brothers birthday, but I'm back now! X