thirty

Halle's POV:

I woke up to my head pounding and water dripping on my face. I opened my eyes to see nothing but dark cement. It looked like a dungeon. The walls were wet looking and it was bone-chillingly cold. I tried to get up but was stopped when I saw my ankle with a chain on it. I sighed and sat back down.

A door opened allowing light to come in the room. I sat closer to the corner of the wall when I saw a person coming in. It looked like a man's body. He crouched down to be eye level with me. "Hello. You are finally awake."

"Where am I? How long have I been asleep?"

"Well my love, you are in my home, in my dungeon." He tried to touch my face but I moved away from him. "You have been asleep for 3 days."

"Why are you doing this? I've done nothing to you."

"Well you see," he stood back up and started walking around the room. "This is not about you. At least it wasn't in the beginning."

"What do you mean?"

"I was initially after your mate, Drew, and his brother. But as I started going I took interest in you and I wanted you for myself."

"What do you want with them?" There were so many questions going through my mind and I was determined to ask him all of them.

"I'm sure you know about Gabriel's troubled past. Well when he first got kicked out of his family pack, we found him and took him in. He became one of our best fighters and helped us take over many enemies. It was getting to the time where I wanted to take over a pack and I chose Drew's since he is the most powerful pack in the world. Gabriel refused to attack his old pack so we kicked him out. We couldn't get to him or Drew. And now to get back at him, we are taking the one thing he always wanted. His brothers happiness, you."

His word made me shiver. "So know what? You're going to use me to get back at Gabriel."

"You are a smart one. But as we went in to attack Drew, we saw you. And I became intrigued. I sent you those notes and the pictures. And now we finally meet." He smirked at me and came back near me."

"You will never have me. Drew is my mate." I spit in his face.

"Yeah well, you broke up with him as I remember. So I can do as I please with you." He said. Suddenly his palm connected with my cheek and sent me lying to the ground. "Don't ever think you aren't mine baby girl."

He walked out of the room, leaving me sitting on the floor holding my cheek. I sat back in the corner of the room and just started crying.

I heard the door open and I hid more in the corner. I heard something being placed on the floor and slid towards me. I looked up to see a girl my age with bruises all over her.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"I should be asking you the same thing. But yes I am. Are you?" She had bruises up and down her arms. And her face was red like she had been hit.

"Yes, I'm used to it." She started digging in her pocket and pulled out a key. "I'm not supposed to unlock you but no one deserves to be chained to a wall."

She undid my ankle chains and I finally could stretch out. "Thank you."

"Of course. I'm going to give you some advice. Don't deny him. He will only hurt you."

"I can't be here. He is going to hurt me." I said grabbing the water bottle on the tray she had brought. There was also a sandwhich and chips.

"He will be a lot nicer if you just listen to him. I promise." She said giving me a smile. "Also my name is Audrey."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Halle."

"Same to you. Now stay safe girl."

She exited and I started eating the food. My stomach needs this badly. I saved my chips and a little water in case things got bad.

I still don't understand what he wants with me and just wanted to leave. I can't believe I listened to him about breaking up with Drew and this is what happens. If Drew didn't care about finding me I would understand but I really hope he is looking for me.

-------------------

It has been 4 days since I woke up in this dungeon. So I've been gone for a week. I know my friends and mom are probably trying to find me. Hopefully, they will be able to.

I heard the door creak and in walked my captor. He wasn't bad looking but I definitely wasn't attracted to him. He is nothing compared to Drew. He stalked towards me and crouched to look at me. He gave me a smirk that made me cringe.

"It's nice to see you, my pretty girl."

"I am not yours." He grabbed my face harshly and squeezed it, causing me to wince in pain. He gave me another look that made me sick. He leaned closer to me and placed a kiss on my cheek. I pulled my head back at his disgusting lips on my face. 

"That mouth of yours will get you in some serious trouble baby doll." He let go of my face and I moved away from him.

"You know my friends and family are looking for me. And they won't stop till they find me." I yelled at him as he stood up. He started chuckling and faced away from me.

"No one will find you. Besides, you broke up with Drew. He probably hates you." He was most likely right. "But if I want to overthrow Drew I need you so he can snipe you out. Leading him right to my trap. I will make you watch as I gut him and then I can really have you."

"You are sick."

"Mm, that's like music to my ears baby." He walked out of the room and I almost threw up at his words. If he thinks he setting a piece of me or Drew he has another thing coming. Please Drew, come find me.