twenty

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. Groggily, I rolled over and answered it.

"Hello," I spoke quietly, still half asleep.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS BITCH!" Three girly voices screamed. I recognized those voices instantly.

"Why are you guys waking me up?"

"One its Christmas, Two it's 11 am, Three we are coming over," Amber spoke.

"I'll be fast asleep." 

"GET OFF YOUR ARSE. WE'RE COMING OVER TO OPEN PRESENTS." Kat screamed.

"Okay, Okay." I hung up the phone and climbed out of my warm bed. I replaced my PJs with leggings and a grey sweater and put my hair up in a messy bun.

I noticed through the window a package on my porch. I grabbed it and saw it was addressed to me. There was a wrapped present in the FedEx box with a card.

"My dearest Halle,
Merry Christmas my sweets. Enjoy this goodie that I know you've been needing. I will be seeing you very soon. And good news your grandparents are flying in to celebrate when I get in town so we can be a family for the holidays. You are amazing my beautiful daughter.
Love, Mom"

I got a little teary-eyed. I missed my mom a lot. I set the card down and carefully took the wrapping paper off the package. Inside there was a MacBook Air. She's the sweetest. I now was answering phone calls from my cousins, both sets of grandparents, and my aunts and uncles. I miss them all so much and need to go visit them soon. 

My doorbell rang and I braced myself for the rowdy girls I call my friends. All of their arms were filled with bags and boxes.

"We've got breakfast lazy butt," Lana said waking right through the door. Amber and Kat put the presents they brought under my tree I had got and Lana put the food on my island counter.

"Good thing I'm starving." my stomach growled. Lana pulled out McDonald's breakfast sandwiches, hash browns, fruit, and cinnamon rolls. They know the way to my heart.

We all grabbed plates and piled them high with food then jumped on my couch.

"So when are you going over to loverboys house tonight?" Kat smirked showing hash browns in her mouth.

"4:30"

"Ooooo," they all said.

"Are you still nervous?"

"I think anyone would be when there meeting their boyfriends family. Plus his is ginormous." 

"It's all good. You're going to have a blast and his family is so nice."Kat said.

"Yeah, and you're not meeting every single one of them yet. That's not till the New Years Ball."

"Yeah, I guess. Aren't you guys supposed to be going to see your families?" I asked.

"Nate is in Ottawa with his mom's family so it's just me and my family tonight," Kat said sadly.

"Justin's coming over tonight after I'm with my family." Amber seemed happy.

"My family is driving down to the harbor later to be with our family and Stephens meeting us there," Lana said.

We finished up breakfast and started pulling presents out. Kat got me Lululemon leggings a with a Maroon jacket from Lulu too and a Starbucks card. Amber gave me black Victoria Secret sweats and a floral bralette. Lana got me a contour kit from Kat Von D and the Anastasia Beverly Hills glow kit and Renaissance palette.

The girls had to leave around 1:30 and I was now getting ready for Drew's. I still had no clue what I was going to wear. I know it should be a little dressier but still super casual.

I decided to take a shower and do my hair first then pick my outfit. Once my hair was dried I curled it all and made sure it looked presentable. I pulled out black jeans with little rips, a white sweater, a maroon leather jacket, and black heeled ankle boots. I put on some light foundation, concealer, and powder. After putting on my mascara and blush, I looked at the clock and saw it was already 4. My phone started ringing and I saw it was a text from Drew.

"Hello, Drewy." 

"Hi babe, are you getting ready?"

"Yeah, I just finished getting ready. I'll be over in 20 minutes at the most."

"Okay, I'll see you soon."

I fixed my hair and looked at myself in the mirror. I feel like I looked good and presentable.

Once all of my presents and extra clothes for tonight were in my car, I locked my house and headed over to the packhouse.

I drove threw the driveway under all the giant eucalyptus trees, all of them covered in lights. It was beautiful. I noticed all the cars parked in the driveway and braced myself. I grabbed all the presents I had and made my way to the front door and knocked.

Emily opened up the door and she looked beautiful in her sweater, jeans, and boots.

"Omg Halle you look so good! Drew is very lucky," she said embracing me.

"Thank you but you are smokin' girlie."

"Are you ready for the family?" she jumped up and down. 

"As ready as I'll ever be. I'm really not as nervous as I had been."

"You will be fine. Drew and I have already told them how kind, pretty, and genuine you are."

"I love you Em." 

Emily led me to the living room and there we were faced with at least 50 people. Emily gave me a small smile before she went to find Brooke and Mark and Luke.

All of them kept on talking and didn't notice us walk in until a loud voice called my name.

"Halle sweetie! I'm so happy your finally here." Candice embraced me with her wine glass in hand.

"Hello, Candice. I"m so excited to be here." I said once we pulled away. I set the present I had brought under the tree. 

"Drew and Finnigan are in his office discussing a few things before we begin the night. Do you want to come and help me in the kitchen?"

"Of course I would love too." I followed her and listened to what she wanted me to do.

After making the salad for the hundred people that were here tonight, I was greeted by Brooke running in and embracing me. "Halle, you look so pretty!" 

"Thank you, so do you!"

"Sorry I didn't come down sooner. Luke threw up all over his outfit and I've been giving him medicine and letting him sleep."

"It is totally fine. I wanna see that little bear, I've missed him."

"I'll introduce you to people and then we will go get him." I nodded my head and put down the salads I had made in the fridge. 

Brooke grabbed me by my hand and started introducing me to their family. Here we go.