twenty four

I woke up to my annoying phone going off. Drew went home early this morning, as I read by his note on my phone. I looked to see it was ten o'clock and I decided I should probably get up for the day to prep for tonight. I checked my phone to see dozens of texts from the girls, Drew's sisters and Drew. I ignored them because they just said to get up.

After eating breakfast, I hopped into my shower and washed my entire self and shaved since my dress had a slit in it. I didn't know what I was going to do for my hair or makeup but I'll figure it out.

It was now twelve and I didn't have to be at the Fayden's till 6:30 to take pictures. I heard my phone and looked to see Drew calling. "Hello."

"Good morning babe. How are you?"

"Great. So should I still be at your house at 6:30?" I asked going to make myself lunch.

"Come at 6. I want to spend time with you before the rest of my family and pack come and steal their Luna from me."

"Okay Okay."

"I have a surprise for you."

"What is that?"

"It will be at your house around 1:30. Be ready."

"Whatever weirdo. I'll see you tonight."

"I love you, babe."

"I love you too Drew."

I sat on my couch and watched reruns of Keeping up with the Kardashians. It was like 1:20ish and I knew Drew's 'surprise' would be showing up. I heard my doorbell ring and I went to answer. A girl in her mid-20s greeted me.

"Hi, I'm Britney. Are you Halle?"

"Yes, I am. How may I help you?"

"Drew sent me over to do your make up and hair for the ball tonight."

"Come right on in." I helped her bring her stuff in and set it up on the kitchen island. I sent Drew a text thanking him for Britney.

"So do you have any idea how you want your makeup and hair?" Britney asked looking at me.

"Not at all actually. You're the professional, work your magic please!" She laughed and picked up her brushes.

"I know exactly what to do."

It took Britney 3 and a half hours to do everything. We did stop in the middle to eat and chat so that much of being a little portion of why it took so long. But Britney reassured me that I look absolutely amazing. She handed me a mirror. "All right take a look."

My hair was straightened and parted at the side, tucked behind my ears. My face was covered in light makeup but it still looked popping. My lips had a subtle shade of pink on them making me look alive.

"Thank you so much, Britney! I love it!"

"Of course honey. Just doing my job." I helped her clean her stuff of and to her car. She gave me a slight hug. "Have a blast tonight."

"Thank you!"

It was 5 o'clock so I started getting dressed. I found my undergarments and slipped them on. I pulled out my gown from my closet and slipped it on. I forgot how tight it was but it wasn't trashy. I strapped my black heels on and grabbed my clutch. My phone went off again.