Chapter 18

Joe sat and looked at Michelle, who had laughed at Nicole. It was two days after she returned home and wanted to see her best friends.Joe was surprised that Nicole had not called before. Kevin sat beside him and watched him. He has been here sometimes since they came back.

"Are you okay?"

Joe turned his head. "You could say I did. I just do not know what to do now."
"Are you doing well together?"
Joe nodded. "In a way, yes, it's incredible. Everything is incredible."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He did not know Michelle was watching him too. She found that she did it often.

He was the same and yet another.

Mostly he was at home with her and Angel, who had not yet left her, but had sometimes gone to a different working meeting. There was a distance between them, when they were alone, it was embarrassing, and she had no idea how to overcome the embarrassment. She noticed she was much calmer. Not that he was not once, but he was calm when he was very tense ... Now he was just ..

They kissed several times, holding hands when they were watching the film, once, but nothing more. They talked ... mostly about how terribly he was sorry about the thing he did when things started going downhill, about his stay in the hospital, about the plans of the band.There has never been a topic where they stand and what will happen to them. It was like dancing on a minefield.

It was nice. But at the same time ... nervous.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Their friends and family left for a few hours, some of them reluctantly. The girls chatted when said good night. He kissed Michelle's head as he walked around and headed for the shower.

When he had finished, he returned to his bedroom. Michelle was sitting on the edge of the bed. He saluted.

She looked at him and smiled. "I'm sorry I surprise you."
He shook his head. "Not at all."

"I just thought .. Well, uh, tomorrow, I'm going out with Angel out and buying, eating and stuff."

"It sounds like fun, be careful, a lot of curious people and journalists, you want me to arrange security?"

She thought for a moment. Then she nodded. "Security is certain, is not it?"
He nodded.

"I ... I wanted to ask if you would not want to go to lunch with us."
For a while he thought about it. "If it is a little later, I should do it."
"Well, I'm sorry I forgot you're performing in the morning show."
"I should be out of here early, then I'll go with Nick to pick up a gift for Carrie."
"It looks serious between them."
"I do not think so."

"He was the one who always said he would never be in a relationship."
"A lot of things have changed."
She looked down. "I see it."
"Are you okay?" He asked when he looked at her for a moment.
"Yeah, I'm just tired, it was an exciting day." Michelle began to leave when she stopped in the doorway. "Do you regret it?"
"What do you mean?"
"I do not know," she said softly, looking again at the ground. "You look ... oddly."
He sighed and went to her. He hugged her and dragged her to him. "I do not want to be detached, I'm just scared." 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next day Joe was in a good mood. He smiled as he met the girls. And Pete

"What was the morning of the ladies?"
"Amazing!" Angel screamed. "How the hell can you live like this?"
Joe laughed. "You'll get used to it."
She looked at the group of girls who were photographers. "Yeah.."